Hey! some guy here, want me to make something free for you? (digital stuff)

i dunno how good i'm at rigging stuff, but what file format you want it to be?
it seems like the only moving part is the turbines? (if that is the case, then very simple, )
and since it's for game use, i presume you want it in triangles, instead of quads?

best if you can give me measurements or a side view of the plane for accurate dimensions,
but with all of that, i can't rig the humans inside,
and despite of everything, this may not turn out well, and i can't export in any file format that is lisensed (.obj, .max, .3ds) cuz i only have the student version of 3DS max

and i've never tried into making animations into game, so if i can do it, you might want to fill in what exactly you want me to research upon

preferably in 3ds Max. There are turbines, rudders, ailerons, and elevators and flaps. Plus the wheels. They need to retract. The alternative is to replace the wheels with pontoons to make it amphibious. It just needs to be rigged and animated in the sense of what happens when the rudders etc move. The poly count should not go above 12k if possible. Low-poly with good textures works best to allude to the idea that it is high poly.

The OV-10 Bronco, a rugged, maneuverable, twin-turboprop, multimission
aircraft, served with the U.S. Air Force and Marine Corps (OV-10A).

The OV-10 was equipped with seven external store stations and four 7.62
mm guns installed in the sponsons. A variety of conventional ordnance
could be delivered in addition to 2,000 rounds of ammunition.

1 Like

If I were to tackle something like this I'd only be able to laser scan and inspect the dis-assembled scale model you have pictured. To recreate that from perspective photos alone would be impressive. I'm a CAD first export poly for something this detailed. It would probably have to be recreated after the fact to decrease the poly count. I'm a total fumbler in poly-surfacing and rendering, but I'm hoping to get my hands dirty this fall once I dive into a new computer. Software is going to be double my expense I'm sure. Good share though Linuxmaster, coming heavy.

ok, i'll see what can i do, but please don't get your hopes up, expect status update from me after 2 week (max.)

p.s if i have the time, i can actually do it in ~3days, but let me have a BIG cushion cuz i'm working free {one of the good things when not working for money }

No problem. I appreciate it. Although, If you want, you could just do an M1A1 Thompson SMG from WWII. Someone already has the 1928 Thompson which was the Chicago Typewriter but the WWII model seems better.
Reload and firing animations are important. So, when reloading the magazine should be removed and replaced. When firing, the bolt/bolt handle should move back and forth and a shell casing should eject from the port near the top of the receiver.

You could of course use Bohemia Interactive's own 3D modeling program called O2 Modeller. It is free and can be had through steam in the Arma 3 Tools.
Same deal. Low poly ~10k poly max. The highest poly count should be in the first person view LOD.

From BI forums: my favourite DMR_06 has 10 000 in view and 6700 in 1st resolution
lod. Or DMR_03 9000 in view-lod and 6000 in 1st resol. lod. Both weapons
has also only 3 sections (2 textures with rvmats and "not mapped" one)

Guideline numbers I was given for weapons by one of BIS' staff was
~15,000 triangles for the view pilot LOD (first person), 10,000 or less
for the 1.000 LOD (third person LOD, so you don't need things like
really round apertures for ironsights and beveled edges that eat your
polycount when making the Pilot LOD), then half the polycount for every
subsequent LOD until you get to a nice low number ~100 faces. That way
you should end up with about 6 or 7 well-optimised LODs.

Using as few texture and material files as possible is often more
important though, so keep an eye on the "Sections" count in O2 as well
as the "Faces" count.

I do have an existing model of it from Arma 2 but I have been unable to de-binarize the model and convert it to 3ds Max otherwise I would give it up to be adjusted and fixed.

i think this is much harder, don't think i'm too enthusiastic to do this, sorry

no worries. It is somethign I have been working on myself anyway

logo for flying racoon done

You should make some subforum backgrounds and shove them here:

https://forum.teksyndicate.com/t/we-want-your-subforum-backgrounds/81718

1 Like

gggrrrrrr...... is the feeling when i read about it

it's under so much conditions,and requests that the appeal of working for free is not comming along well

working free to me means, flexible time, flexible quota, ungarenteed quality (well, best to my abilities, won't get outside of it though), flexible requirement filling, but it won't be too shaby

and can be a bit avant garde

like this:

personally, when you're asking for people for something, never be demanding, unless they demands so, or else no one listens, and as a result, the amount quality(able) work in there is low, and the style is low

basically, i'm more "tailor" person than "open standard" person

newest itteration of the logo for "flying raccoon gaming"

Hey, hows the twitch logo/intro going? :D

By any chance do you do design for like a youtube channel intro like the video? Just a though. Also, since i think you were meaning you only did still images, I Could use a channel Icon for youtube. If you wanted to make it just something with the theme of my profilepic on here, The name is Pyromaster225 so maybe something like a man burning games/controllers or somehting. Either way I hope your career turns out great (maybe you could make a donation page for people who reallly enjoy your work too!)

Me and a buddy want to make a video game, we need an artist.

You down? We have sound design and coding so far, we just need someone who can actually make graphical shit.

If we make money off of it and it works out we'll probably cut you a deal too.

im a huge hotline Miami fan and it would be super cool if you could me me something based around that

oh, shoot, i totally forgot

schedules flooded with exams, i'll get to it this week

before i start working, Max Damage, a hot colour, (do you want vector, minimalist graphics? or realistic? or iconic?)

too vague?

sorry about that, i just wanted something to have as a background or profile picture for steam

It's ok, theres no rush

Well I'm not sure, not a graphics guy so I dont Know the difference, maybe if you give me examples.

Heres one that I like for example

Only I would want flaming letters, maybe in Terminator font but not sure if it would work together, and a hot colour background like you said. Oh and its "MaxDamage_" you could make the intro letters appear one after another like you're typing and make the _ at the end blink.
Heres some info box pics from my channel for ideas
Also I have a red lightsaber IRL maybe you could fit that into it for giggles xD