Help me Decide please AMD ot Intel

That could be an option indeed.
But then you need to be sure that the said board comes with an updated bios.

In that case, just don’t use one. Board might complain a bit by beeping but who cares… :stuck_out_tongue:

Any GPU will work as a pure display out even with just a x1 connection. So as long as you can physically plug a card into a slot that is running off the chipset, you’re golden. Depending on the board those can actually be x16 in length.

The x1 was unusual, I bought two of those on ebay. Have to check what those are exactly.

Do not mind the beeping :slight_smile: but some boards may not boot into the OS unless a GPU is detected .

Found it, search ebay for “Sunix VGA”.

1 Like

FYI: Zotac makes a gt 710 that is physically x1.

1 Like

Why not an x470d4u or d4u-2t?

1 Like

Thank you all again :slight_smile:

Maybe price? I mean, those are 250+, a B550 would be way less and the Sunix card is seven bucks. What’s the benefit of those two?

IPMI
ECC on the QVL
onboard graphics that doesnt eat up a pcie slot
more sata

Its server equipment for a server application

IPMI is a fair point. ECC sticks are on quite a few QVLs, at least ASRock and Asus do have some sticks tested on even lower end boards. Onboard SATA is a thing of course, so far I thought an HBA would be a given (and personally I would go that route anyway). PCIe slot for GPU, well yeah, one x1. On the other hand the M-ATX boards you mentioned are already a bit short on those.

And dual 10gb intel nic onboard on the d4u-2t

Minus: Slow m.2 slots ( 2.0 x4 or 3.0 x2 )

Just another option to consider

I like mine

That is big actually, I didn’t see that.

[EDIT] Wait a second, that thing is 380,- Euros? Well, that’s a bit much.

There is also the X570D4I-2T coming out soon. Dual 10gb nic, but its mITX. Only one pcie slot.

There is also a rumored matx x570 version coming out in fall.

EDIT: there are a good threads on these boards here:

B450 support/bios for Ryzen 4000 was actually just announced.

Yes, but those will be classified as beta and might have some quirks. B550 gives peace of mind and also comes with PCIe4 support which might be nice for something like a M.2 cache drive.

Additionally OP mentioned R5 2600 - from what I’m seeing it doesn’t appear B550 will be compatible/support that.

1 Like

You’re right. I totally missed that one. :open_mouth:
In that case B450 for the 2600 or B550 for something Zen2.

1 Like

I would go for ryzen 2600 since it has more cores and threads means it will not bottle neck gpu plus you can use it for multi threaded and core task.

Price to performance I believe ryzen would win
check out these pre build setups
https://www.adorama.com/cygma430.html
https://www.adorama.com/cybgma8940c.html

Looks nice for me.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.