ASRock X570D4I-2T

https://www.asrockrack.com/general/productdetail.asp?Model=X570D4I-2T#Specifications

Need some advice on splitting up a 16X slot into 2 x slots.

I’ve been running a PCI-e 1X in a 16X slot since Z87 days.
Using an Intel chip with GPU on die has worked fine.

But want to use an AMD Ryzen 2/3, which means a 1 x slot Mini ITX must share an 8X basic GFX card, and a 1X Audio card using a split riser.

I have no idea if this can be done and buying 2500 worth of components is forcing me to seek advice from anyone knowledgable.

I’ve been told that the Aspeed AST2500 would easily handle my 2D needs which is basically monitoring signals, no 3D, no FPS requirements.
But don’t know if Windows 10 can access the ASPEED Chip, or if I get Windows 2012, if it’s compatible with my audio interface.

Here’s the GFX 8X and the Riser card I would use.
Any help is much appreciated.

Unless I missed it, nothing in the manual says the board is capable of PCIe bifurcation. So won’t be able to do what you want. A bit surprised as its predecessor can.

I was looking for this long rumored X570 with IPMI a few days ago and couldn’t find it, … and now it’s official.

I still don’t know where to get it where I live, but I like what I’m seeing so far…

• Supports AMD Ryzen™ 3rd Generation Series Processors(Max 105W)) [for 3950x]
  • Supports 4x DDR4 ECC and non-ECC SO DIMM, max. 64 GB
  • Supports up 8 x SATA3 by OCulink and 1x M.2 ports
  • Integrated IPMI 2.0 with KVM and Dedicated LAN (RTL8211E)
  • Supports 1x PCIe Gen4x16 link (Matisse)
  • Supports 2x 10GLAN Intel X550-AT2

… all that in a mini-itx package.

I wonder if there’s any passthrough issues - I remember some folks were reporting a regression on x470 versions of the board, something was broken with with an updated bios that had a newer AGESA – that ironically was supposed to provide better/easier ACS support.

I could get on the hype train for this MB if it had 1 more PCIe slot.

1 Like

The manual is not even compete yet, so stay turned.

Thanks. Keeping fingers crossed for Ryzen 3.

Thanks.
Indeed I will.

PCIe bifurcation…
Now I know what to call it.

I have a mighty need. Guessing this was supposed to have a release date announced at computex. Hope they’re able to release it sooner than later :slight_smile:

I’m interested in this motherboard too., but not sure* if I’ll take the plunge once it’s available.

ProVantage has it listed for “Special Order” at $416.57 USD.
I’ve sent them an e-mail enquiring about availability.

My current FreeNAS server setup consists of 2 machines, both with 10 Gbe PCIE add-in cards:

• Primary server - X470D4U in a full size case w/ 8 drives,
  • Backup - an ASRock B450 ITX [gaming] motherboard in a Chenbro ITX case w/ 4 drives. This is running a Zen+ APU (for GFX), so no ECC RAM support. The X570D4I would allow me to keep the overall setup, and switch the APU to a standard Ryzen CPU, which would allow ECC support. *Not sure that justifies buying a $400+ m/board though… :wink:

Please keep us informed on it’s availability.
This is perfect for me as long as the unified cache in the gen Ryzen reduces latency.
Latency was acceptable as far up as the 3800X on recent Ryzens, but anything over 8 Cores had issues.
Cheerz

Really looking forward to getting one of these. $416 isn’t bad for an X570 motherboard with IPMI, 10g NICs and Occulink connectors

1 Like

They [ProVantage] replied today with a response of “4 to 6 weeks”…

1 Like

Greetings, I was creeping on this thread as I was searching for the ASRock Rack X570D4I-2T for a possible new server build.

I had an email correspondence with a ASRock Rack rep (Meg) today. She says the X570D4I-2T board should be available in retailers (Newegg/MaLabs in North America) by June.

She also states there will be an mATX verison of the X570 chipset (similar to the X470s in the past) as model X570D4U-2L2T. Launch date estimated to be early Q3 2020. I asked her for details in regards to the mATX board and how they will divide the PCIE lanes, as info on this model is quite scarce.

Now we wait I guess.
Stay safe.

I want the Micro now.
I was going to use a Ribbon/PCI adapter for Bifurcation on the Mini ITX but never tried that before. Rather have a 16x and a 1 or 8X.

I’ve been using their Micro Boards since their Z/H87s.
Even if it’s another SO-DIMM it’s okay.
Only saw those on their Q chip boards.

2020 H2.
Back to where we figured everything would start shaking loose.

1 Like

Actually, you do have more pcie access, you just have to “connect” them. Besides the m.w slot ( v4 x4), you have 2x OCuLink x4 connectors (both on the chipset, so sharing 4x to the CPU) each of which can be either 4x SATA III or PCIe v4 x4 lanes.

1 Like

I didnt notice that before… I like this motherboard now…

The manual doesnt say it, but their website says max 64GB ram… that is confusing when it says it supports 32GB dimms…

What is the benefit here? That’s a pretty steep price for a mini-ITX board.

I’ve never had a use for pass-through, so maybe that’s the direction you’re all heading with this. Otherwise the stats are good, but geez.

what MB are you talking about?

the MB mentioned in the OP is ITX

mATX was a typo, but it still seems pricey at over $400. Again, I’m not familiar with the details about it you all like… I’m guessing it’s got some pass-through ability that I’m missing.

Dual 10gb intel nic, onboard video and ipmi, gen 4 pcie.

Very attractive for small server use. Dual 10gb intel 550 nics would probably run over 300 as a pcie card. And then you need the open slot for it.