Return to Level1Techs.com

ASRock X570D4I-2T

https://www.asrockrack.com/general/productdetail.asp?Model=X570D4I-2T#Specifications

Need some advice on splitting up a 16X slot into 2 x slots.

I’ve been running a PCI-e 1X in a 16X slot since Z87 days.
Using an Intel chip with GPU on die has worked fine.

But want to use an AMD Ryzen 2/3, which means a 1 x slot Mini ITX must share an 8X basic GFX card, and a 1X Audio card using a split riser.

I have no idea if this can be done and buying 2500 worth of components is forcing me to seek advice from anyone knowledgable.

I’ve been told that the Aspeed AST2500 would easily handle my 2D needs which is basically monitoring signals, no 3D, no FPS requirements.
But don’t know if Windows 10 can access the ASPEED Chip, or if I get Windows 2012, if it’s compatible with my audio interface.

Here’s the GFX 8X and the Riser card I would use.
Any help is much appreciated.

Unless I missed it, nothing in the manual says the board is capable of PCIe bifurcation. So won’t be able to do what you want. A bit surprised as its predecessor can.

I was looking for this long rumored X570 with IPMI a few days ago and couldn’t find it, … and now it’s official.

I still don’t know where to get it where I live, but I like what I’m seeing so far…

• Supports AMD Ryzen™ 3rd Generation Series Processors(Max 105W)) [for 3950x]
  • Supports 4x DDR4 ECC and non-ECC SO DIMM, max. 64 GB
  • Supports up 8 x SATA3 by OCulink and 1x M.2 ports
  • Integrated IPMI 2.0 with KVM and Dedicated LAN (RTL8211E)
  • Supports 1x PCIe Gen4x16 link (Matisse)
  • Supports 2x 10GLAN Intel X550-AT2

… all that in a mini-itx package.

I wonder if there’s any passthrough issues - I remember some folks were reporting a regression on x470 versions of the board, something was broken with with an updated bios that had a newer AGESA – that ironically was supposed to provide better/easier ACS support.

I could get on the hype train for this MB if it had 1 more PCIe slot.

1 Like

The manual is not even compete yet, so stay turned.

Thanks. Keeping fingers crossed for Ryzen 3.

Thanks.
Indeed I will.

PCIe bifurcation…
Now I know what to call it.

I have a mighty need. Guessing this was supposed to have a release date announced at computex. Hope they’re able to release it sooner than later :slight_smile: