Guess that anime thread game

I’ll take a look and if it isn’t something I like, I’ll just drop it again. :slight_smile:

Here’s one about a girl who moves to a new village and gets to enjoy her new life all on her own! (Should be a specific enough description to betray what it is :wink:)

4 Likes

She gets recruited into jobs for the villagers she didn’t ask for as well… But that’s all good, because she’ll need to pay for living expenses anyway.

5 Likes

The delivery jobs take her to every nook and cranny of the town.
She discovers the museum, which has some open spots for dino skeletons they haven’t dug up yet.

Some of the villagers are really keen on catching all kinds of bugs, butterflies and spiders. But Ai-chan is less keen on them…

3 Likes

It looks so much as the anime was some kind of jrpg with the screenshots lol

3 Likes

I’m glad that the idea I wanted to give comes across, because this gaming franchise is over 20 years old now… :grin:
With this film coming out some time after the second game in the series.

3 Likes

Here’s a possible dead giveaway…
Ai enjoying a day on the beach with her new friends from the village!

4 Likes

Oh they made an anime of Animal Crossing, lol

4 Likes

They did! :partying_face:

I had expected that showing villagers would give it away instantly, so I kept the recognisable ones from the first few shots.
Though you can see some tell-tale signs from the games in the others; Tom Nook’s logo on the box for delivery, Celeste in the museum, the typical circles on trees.

All the way back in '06 already. A couple years ago my wife had me scouring the web to find it.
It is a nice story about the main character coming to live in such a village and meeting the villagers. Pretty much how you’d play the game, except they give a bit more of a guided story in this one. Not some masterwork, but quite fun to see if you’re familiar with the game. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

How about this one?

3 Likes

That is Saito from Zero no Tsukaima, with the largest hint being the file name of the image.

But… @cityle was the one to guess the previous one, so it is their turn to post a new one :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Sorry, here you go. Did not watched that one yet.

2 Likes

well the receipt has a august 21rst 2018 date on it so stealth hint about when this is taking place and thats a gen 1 iphone se released q4 2016 so not a "

> the distant future of 2018

"

1 Like

is it this ? 2018 has some restaurant scenes that look similar quality

3 Likes

Nope, but I was thinking about going a screenshot of that series first lol

2 Likes

any hints @cityle

1 Like

It is a movie. That should narrow down a bit.

2 Likes

Hint: It was released in 2019. I had another idea for an hint but would have made it easier.

2 Likes

Hint: It comes after a famous movie

2 Likes

no fucking idea what that even means in this context but is it this?

saw what looks like a iphone in the trailer

2 Likes

Maybe because Tenki no Ko takes place in the same setting as the earlier released Kimi no Na wa., which was quite successful? :thinking:
I still have both of those on my “to watch” list, but haven’t gotten around to them.

2 Likes