GPU mining?

I don't have any polaris cards, I'm all Fiji boy.
Right now after doing some tuning I run a pro duo and a watercooled nano at 912mhz on all cores at 1000mv.
https://whattomine.com/merged_coins/2-eth-sc?utf8=%E2%9C%93&hr_eth=79.0&fee_eth=2.0&hr_sc=3200.0&fee_sc=0.0&p=700.0&cost=0.1&commit=Calculate

Here are the hashrate/profit/power consumption figures.
I have an unlocked Fury Strix as well, but I can't hook it up yet due to the lack of pci-e power connectors (Pro duo takes 3 by itself)

FWIW, I'm mining Ethereum and getting 21.5MH/s on an RX 480, sooo not sure you'd get double those hash rates out of a 1080.

In fact, if you got better hash rates under Linux, I'd venture that there's a problem with the mining software itself. The one area where I was forced to break away from my Linux zealotry was with cracking passwords using Hashcat. Got the same hash rate with the same hardware under Windows and Linux. I got burned pretty bad because I wouldn't boot into Windows.

Right now I'm not doing so well with Claymore. I keep getting rejected shares, but that doesn't concern me so much as I have an idea why that happens (network latency, best I can tell). What does concern me is that when I get accepted shares, the Total Shares does not increase. For that I have exactly no idea what's going on.

i opened up a poloniex acct
and an off nicehash,
nicehash is great to set foot in for teh first few weeks or month,
but once you start getting into it,
you can mine for yourself at almost 30% more efficiency than nicehash

my $80-$85 a day on nicehash,
is now $110-$115 mining LBRY directly into poloniex and selling it to btc

1 Like

I think its time to start back. After the crash of litecoin I stopped. Seeing a shitty 980ti average 180 a month on nicehash makes me miss the easy money.

My 1080 numbers were inaccurate; my bad. I had my card severely underclocked so as to minimize heat output when the performance already far exceeded my everyday needs, and didn't change them until just now.

After bumping all clocks to their default, I'm seeing almost a straight line 21 MH/s. I'm easily able to push the memory by an additional 1000MHz (MSI's memory max) with the core at a restricting underclock, 400MHz under default (MSI's core min), resulting in hash rates averaging just over 25 million per second. The furthest I can go with the core clock is around 250MHz over default, with memory at its default, which almost seems to decrease my hashrate.

Top tier stuff, I tell you.

1 Like

Just sold my Fury Nitro for $250 premium over purchase. The American market is nuts; 480's are going for $500+

1 Like

That is wild. Nice job! :smile:

I still need something to play games and I bought my fury back when they were 500+ Euros. So I can't do that.

I don't think its worth doing unless you can get cheap or free energy. If you invested in say 10KW worth of solar panels on the roof then you might do ok.

Nvidia has some dedicated mining GPU's coming soon so they might be better option.

I have a FuryX to sell in the future. But I suspect everyone will buy out all the VEGA cards when they come along leaving none for actual gamers.. Gonna be sad times.

EDIT: I pay 0.25-0.35c per kwh, running a 390x all day mining would cost me more then $3-4 that it could earn per day. And those cards will likely DIE before they ever pay themselves off. I just don't get it I guess.

Fortunately, I still have a GTX 970 to fall back to(DisplayPort bug drove me to AMD). Although even if I didnt, I probably would be okay with the integrated graphics for a while.. I hardly game anymore, but I will admit to sinking an hour or two into X-Com: UFO Defense from time to time :blush:

I pay 0.25c per kwh
My gtx 1080 cost is about $1 a day
200w

It brings in about $7

Im now making avout 115 a day off of 16 gtx 1080s mining lbry and converting it to btc to sell

That's not too bad, is the 1080 really the best option? What about those ARM processors everyone moved to for mining?

Maybe I should get into mining myself, what type of connection do you need? I have a 90/36Mbit link. I'll look further into getting into mining once I finish setting up my 3d printer hobby business, still lots of work to be done. It will be quite some time before I can afford 16 1080s....

I hear the 580X is good for mining but no idea how it compares to the 1080. Because if I remember correctly it gets up to 250w power draw so I don't see how it can compete with a 1080 card.

PS. Nvidia has some mining cards coming out sometime.

Hehe, for someone earning $100-120 a day, thats a pretty dodgy setup.

Unfortunately, that's wrong overall for crypto mining. It's correct when it comes to Bitcoin mining.

Ethereum is all about GPUs as it was designed to handicap FPGAs and ASICs. GPUs are the only way it's viable, and it's very profitable atm.

1 Like

I agree. I was unaware of this at time of posting. Looking to build a GPU miner now. HAHA!

1 Like

I only pay .09 usd per kwh where I am. Maybe you guys should send your rigs down here and make some more money.

Decided to dip my toe in the mining waters. Starting very small with just a gradual rig buildup. Doing it more for fun. If I end up making money cool.

What's your setup?
I have been looking into buying two 1050ti 4gb and mine zcash just to learn would this be a worthwhile adventure to.learn and maybe make enough to buy a 1070 down the road or am I spinning my wheels?