GPU mining?

Does the rising value of Bitcoin make GPU mining a valid option nowadays?

1 Like

metal gear
@GigaBusterEXE is the local guy for this lol.

But Nicehash is decent enough for coin mining, ex being my 390X does $3-4 a day with it. And its easy to use.

1 Like

I have an old Radeon HD 5970 laying around, do you know how much can it make a day without factoring in the electricity cost?

I don't know really, its old enough that its not on the Nicehash calculator and I also don't have one so

No. Mine something like ethereum, and then immediately shapeshift the proceeds. you'll make way more money.

1 Like

Mining bitcoin is pointless now as there are literal factories of dedicated miners all over the place. Dogecoin is making a small comeback!

GPU mining = no. It's waaaaaaaaaay past that now.

So my 30 doge coins are worth 8 cents. Woopty fucking doo daa.

Using my couple of gtx 950s I make $3 a day, on Nicehash.
I just use them because between them they use 130 watts total so basically is a free $3 a day. My 390 and 390X make $3 a day and $4 a day respectivley but also like triple or more the power use... Per card.
So. Yeah. It basically boils down to power cost.

1 Like

Just with nicehash

At 0.25c per kwh
My sli gtx 1080 is averaging 8-9 dollars a day
While costing 4
200-250 a month before power
Pulling in 150 or so a month clear.
50-70 a week

1 Like

Is there performance difference between mining with nicehash on Windows vs Linux?

depends on GPU, kernel patches and system, but linux generally performs better

I'll say it again though since no one seems to be listening:

MINE AN ALTCOIN ON GPU, SELL THE PROCEEDS FOR BTC. YOU WILL MAKE MUCH MORE MONEY THAT WAY

1 Like

I'm completely new to this. Can you give me something to start with? Which "altcoin" do you recommend at the moment? Which software to use? How do I sell the proceeds? How is it better than nicehash? The guys seem to be doing well with it.

1 Like

For the love of God stay away from nicehash. You'll make less money and there's a whole slew of problems.
The short answer is mining btc with gpu is beyond dead. The long answer is mining altcoins is still more than viable. Best to mine right now is ethereum, followed by zec (sometimes zec is better depending on hardware)

whats the best altcoin to mine on a 1080?
like i said, im $150 a month OVER cost with nicehash.... sooooooo

i thought GPU mining wasn't a thing anymore since they make ASIC devices now...

Only some coins are able to use asic miners. A lot of them have an encryption that either 1 never allows it or 2 takes a while for it to be broken to allow them.

Either way other than bitcoin asic miners won't work. I think litecoin got cracked a while ago I'm not sure though.

Ethereum is the simplest atm

@Miguel_Sensacion It is on bitcoin. not on ASIC resistant altcoins.

Scrypt, sha256, Sha1/3, And a bunch of others have FPGAs and asics for them.

Unless you are selling the GPU for Bit coins no. ASIC miners and low power cost's are the only way anymore.