GPU Benchmark Thread

You seem to be getting the first signs of a CPU bottleneck. The previous GTX 970 score was 333 points higher, and had lower clocks. On the other hand it could be drivers, or just something open in the background. Lots of variables.

I don't think that Heaven is a very good benchmark to compare high end graphics cards today.
Its old, very light weight at medium settings so you're more or less gimping cards made for heavier loads.
Valley would be more suited today, and I really think its better optimized for most hardware as well.

Not that uniengine should be used for graphics card comparisons all that much, doesn't really put much of a load on cards.

It gives a comprehensive score and works on cards back to 2006 with one setting. It doesn't murder the rest of the system so having a horrible CPU doesn't always mean getting a horrible score cough 3DMark.

At medium settings it gives lower end cards a chance to compete. If we ran this at ultra that little 6870M I tested would have been a 2FPS slideshow and would have scored about 50 points, if it even made it through the test before I keeled over and rotted.

There are also the factors that it's easily accessible, requires very little to install and run, and doesn't take 20 minutes.

I stopped being a panzy and cranked her up a bit. Thanks for the push :)

2 Likes

your killiing m wallet right now

Jumped over @Kat's score. :P

1 Like

I'm sorry @Kat ! <3

I lost the silicon lottery. sad times.

Here is GPU-Z showing 1491MHz.

1 Like

Excellent, thank you.

Mine did the same shit, I blame nvidia.

Here is my R9 290 Vapor-X
Core Clock: 1130MHz
Memory Clock: 1500MHz
Pushing it past these two causes some artifacting or odd glitches in Unigen where it looks like little colored balls are flying in and out of the frame.

Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 GHz Edition Vapor-X 3GB

ZOTAC GeForce GTX 970 AMP! Extreme Core Edition

EDIT:

OC

Powercolor PCS+ 290X max OC at 1200/1500: 3265 score

Then at stock (1050/1350) CF with a reference 290 (Sapphire Tri-X BIOS 1000/1300): 5007 score

Ye gads, 1400 MHz core? That's just crazy for a 290X :-D

for those running CF, you might want to try using AFR cf mode. It will give you the real raw performance.
(Though I've noticed some people get scattered horizontal black lines. )

(cards need to be synced, same clocks etc ~ you might need to downclock some cards if they render them too fast ~ ensure you have same core clock, as you'll loose few fps if it throttles; disable/uninstall acp driver -- power efficiency driver)

also you might want to mess around with edge-detect and other settings some might improve performance other may hinder.

System:
and evga 980 core clock at 1380Mhz

Just the 6990 for this test. I'm not excited about the result, but it's pretty good. I may screw with voltages but I don't really feel like burning out an ES card. :P