Goalkeepers DragonFlyBSD Adventures

I don’t care about uni, I care about not wasting 1.5 years.

1 Like

Not to mention the money

So with the 2320, Dell doesn’t give you the option to do a legacy boot. So I’m stuck. Lol. Interestingly tho, th model above this one, the 2330, does have an option to do that. :sob:

I’m really starting to hate this computer. :stuck_out_tongue:. I’m going to come back to this project with another PC in a few months.

2 Likes

Seems like we both need to get “new” thinkpads. :wink:

Just don’t tell MFZuul

2 Likes

To make him extra mad, we should get the 7 row thinkpads

3 Likes

AYYYYYY! I’m in!

What the fooking fuck. When the screen that displays, after installing, that shows “F1”
, you’re supposed to push the enter key.

4 Likes

Too bad ifconfig doesn’t detect my wifi card.

pciconf -lv shows it tho.

3 Likes

Do you need to get the drivers from a port or something? Or is that just for applications?

2 Likes

That is a good question. Just thru some quick googling, it looks like the drivers are there and I just have to manually add some stuff to a few files and I should be alright.

Currently trying to get Xorg dowbmladed thru pkg via Ethernet. So I can install a GUI and do it that way. But it appears that I have to update the repository before I can download stuff.

3 Likes

That error was the result of pkg not being able to connect to the server as a result of the computer not being able to connect to the internet . As i assumed dhcp was running, but it wasn’t running by default out of the box.

I had to run

dhclient << Ethernet name >>

to get dhcp going. Xorg is now being downloaded.

2 Likes

#dope

3 Likes

Downloaded htop, and the system is using 1.7 gigs of ram. Like BRO!

Currently downloading a network manager to get WiFi going.

1 Like

Got openbox running.

Things are :airplane:

3 Likes

3 Likes

laughs in OpenBSD

2 Likes

tfw woofer delivered

i am overjoyed! :relaxed:

3 Likes

Just rebooted, and now the system is sooo fucking slow.

X used to open almost instantly. And now it’s taking its sweet ass time opening

2 Likes

joys of oss

1 Like

I got some error messages saying that it couldn’t find an xauth file or whatever. So I deleted Xorg. And now I’m trying to reinstall it, but the pkg manager ain’t budging. :sob:

2 Likes

Duh. I still didn’t set for dhcp to happen automatically

2 Likes