Goalkeepers DragonFlyBSD Adventures

No, that’s a full BSD install :joy:

4 Likes

Hopefully the install goes well this time. I don’t think that I will have the will to live to do another install. Staring at the display read 55% for minutes makes me want to irl commit anon.

3 Likes

Man. It’s almost 11 o’clock. I started this project at like 9:30.

1 Like

In the video, after the install is finished the guy gets a screen that asks him where he wants to install bootblocks. I get no such screen. Just one that asks if I want to configure the system.

I don’t think this install is going to end well either. :stuck_out_tongue: since everything that he did in the video is what I did. Except for being able to select bootblocks from that menue. Maybe now it’s done automatically.

I’m commiting anon.

7 Likes

Was thinking why are you installing from DVD? USB stick would probs be a lot faster and null the need to commit anon :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I forgot where i put my USB sticks :sob:.

I’m done for today. Will try again tomorrow. This computer is only able to use UEFI, there is not a legacy option in the BIOS, so I am limited to being only able to install it with UEFI and I wonder if that is the problem.

2 Likes

I had the same problem. Then I started to grab 8-16gb usb sticks from super markets and other stores if I saw them on sale for 3-6€. Now I have them all around always available so I can misplace one or two without a worry :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

A true nerd should have more thumbdrives than keys in the keyring.

You are no true nerd.

3 Likes

True nerd does not need keys because true nerd never leaves the house. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

I am no true nerd.

3 Likes

OP still didn’t deliver. No install = anon

3 Likes

It looks like your system is UEFI but Dragonfly is installing as CSM/Legacy. Try disabling UEFI or selecting “Legacy First” as an option in your BIOS.

Then, see if you can boot.

4 Likes

There isn’t an option in the BIOS for that. :frowning:

I’ll try with a different BSD tomorrow. I was able to install puppy and Ubuntu easily with uefi tho. Sad times. Lol.

2 Likes

My current desktop boots for Legacy Mode if I use my USB CD drive to install Linux, but when I use bootable USB stick I can choose between UEFI and legacy. I tried to figure out what is going on but could not find any answers. Maybe you had better luck if you try to install dragonfly from USB stick? Tough this means you have to find one first. :smile:

Since redgek bailed the challenge, roll with OpenBSD? :slight_smile:

1 Like

you became a quitter @redgek? smh

1 Like

i didn’t quit th bsd, but the challenge

2 Likes

Whhhatttttt noooooo!!!

i don’t have time between the job and unfucking uni to daily do something with bsd.

there’s a 99.999…% that imma fail uni atm and that means 1.5y of army in the good case.

1 Like

TBH I’m not doing this challenge daily since I’m trying to run a year long challenge.

But I completely understand your reasoning, I would focus on uni studies as well if I were you. :slight_smile:

Oh, and

100!

3 Likes