Goalkeepers DragonFlyBSD Adventures

laughs in OpenBSD

2 Likes

tfw woofer delivered

i am overjoyed! :relaxed:

3 Likes

Just rebooted, and now the system is sooo fucking slow.

X used to open almost instantly. And now it’s taking its sweet ass time opening

2 Likes

joys of oss

1 Like

I got some error messages saying that it couldn’t find an xauth file or whatever. So I deleted Xorg. And now I’m trying to reinstall it, but the pkg manager ain’t budging. :sob:

2 Likes

Duh. I still didn’t set for dhcp to happen automatically

2 Likes

Can’t get x running anymore. w3m won’t load pastebin, so I can’t upload log files. Will just reinstall whole system tomorrow.

#whatever #YOLO #hashtag

3 Likes

Can’t you use anything like Dtrace to work out what is wrong? (I have no idea what I’m talking about)

1 Like

Maybe. But I don’t know how to use that. lol.

Which is why I’m just going to reinstall. It will only take like 30 minutes of my life away.

1 Like

the stone turns to dust by 30 mins of rain
for a couple of hundred years

1 Like

Ayy. But can it survive for 12 months and most likely 200 rainstorms? :thinking:

3 Likes

Still working after Quarter of the Challenge year?

1 Like

After it broke on me, I didn’t reinstall it. It failed me and it’s now being punished.

I do wanna get back to this tho. I didn’t even really do a lot with it. And the only thing I solved on my own was with the UEFI thing that the installer doesn’t do automatically… At least it didn’t do it automatically when I was installing it.

I was on such a high, then Xorg had to kill my hopes and dreams. :sob::sob::sob:.

When I start it up again. I wanna set up automatic DHCP so I don’t have to continually manually do it. That was really annoying. I also wanna get WiFi working. Since I had to use Ethernet… I think. I forgot already. :joy::joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Right, sorry bud, Stay Strong!

Was impressive that you went full Dragon, rather than trident or open, but maybe when the itch occurs later on you might scratch it or something…

1 Like

I only went with Dragonflybsd because no one else was and I wanted to be different and steal the limelight. :joy::joy::joy:. It backfired on me quite well

2 Likes

I noticed DragonflyBSD defaults to HAMMER2 now

3 Likes