Gigabyte MW34SP0 Motherboard

Read a bit more carefully this time, Asrock IMB-X1712 is a DDR4 option but that also seems hard to source… :-/

1 Like

Super Micro didn’t say anything about the ECC RAM. I ended up returning both RAM and the board (realized no wifi M.2, limited storage M.2 options, stupid PCI (not PCI-e) slot. Going to wait for the Gigabyte or possibly Asrock Rack options.

3 Likes

I am checking the boards BIOS update page more or less daily hoping to see anything about 13th gen CPU support but so far nothing :anguished:

3 Likes

@Trist I am not the only one then! That bios url must have huge traffic!

1 Like

Well you are not alone, at first they were super excited to get my $580 and then nothing

1 Like

Really wonder what is holding Gigabyte from fixing the new BIOS? Is there even any public communication they actually will do it??

1 Like

What I don’t understand about this gigabyte motherboard:

A) does it really have 8 full sata ports or
B) are 4 of the sata ports shared with a pcie slot, meaning that these 4 sata ports will be disabled when the pcie slot is populated?

Can anybody that has this board confirm?

1 Like

Any update on availability for the board?

1 Like

From what I can tell Gigabyte does not give a ship about selling these boards to consumers. If you cannot buy 10 they will not even return emails.

1 Like

The board is back in stock in germany GIGABYTE MW34-SP0 ab € 456,90 (2023) | Preisvergleich Geizhals Deutschland . Most of these german webshops ship to europe.

1 Like

Has anyone been able to find this gigabyte board in the United States?

1 Like

@SpRoUsA bit of a noob here… Could you give me a hint how to access the IPMI if I can’t access the BIOS first to enable IPMI / web interface?
I got the board already, but all I have at hand right now is a 13th gen.
I connected the board to the network (using the management port of course), but it won’t get an IP address.
I checked the manual and to me it looks like the network access to disabled by default:
“Options available: Unspecified, Static, DynamicBmcDhcp,DynamicBmcNonDhcp. Default setting is Unspecified.”

Later I even digged through my pile of last century cables to find a VGA to HDMI converter and tried to get a glimpse by using the VGA port.
But it looks like the BMC won’t start up, because the LED won’t start blinking:
“LED_BMC
On: BMC firmware is initial
Blink: BMC firmware is ready”

I’d be very happy if you our anybody else could give me a hint, besides getting a 12th gen CPU next year.

2 Likes

Did the same mistake and tried to operate the board with in 13900K CPU and only found this thread 24h later. Same outcome LED_BMC blinking green. The other challenge I faced: connecting my 16pin Supermicro front panel to the 24pin Gigabyte connector on the board. I ordered now (on top to the 12th gen CPU) a breakout cable for Supermicro - but is there a proper way to connect to the Gigabyte board (except for only connecting 2pins for the power button - which is my current idea)

2 Likes

Unfortunately, I don’t have a board on hand to test. Does the MLAN NIC LEDs light up?

@Jan74 stated for them the BMC LED was blinking which I would assume means it could also pull an IP address.

Also be aware it could take a few mins for the BMC to boot from first power being applied to the board.

Additionally it looks like IPv6 is enabled by default for the BMC and uses DHCP according to the manual but that may not be helpful for everyone.

1 Like

I also have a 13700K in this motherboard (temp 12th Gen ordered :smirk:). For me: as soon as I connected power, it turned on, fans on full, no image… but IPMI got an IP and I can log into it.

1 Like

No sourced in the US but I did get a quote from Gigabyte’s sales for

1 pcs POC Ex-work Taiwan quote USD$520

As much as this board fits my needs…I am going to wait for a lower priced alternative.

3 Likes

Thanks for your hint about ipv6. I re-enabled it on the network and checked the neighborhood. Unfortunately there’s no new device coming up.
I also sourced a 12th gen by now and still no image.
I guess either my board or my cpu is dead.

1 Like

I am also having weird behaviour with this board, it seems hit or miss whether the IPMI works or not. I have unplugged everything except the temporary i5-12600K at this point and I can tell if it’s working or not by looking at the MLAN port on the back and if there is a orange light on the port it’s working, if just green activity light then nope. Also, when it’s not working, I see the BMC status light on for 5 seconds and then off for 5 seconds, it’s like it’'s resetting itself when it fails to initialize.

@happyone - is this the behaviour that you’re seeing?

1 Like

Small update - it seems this thing will not survive a power disconnect after a reboot. I always have to bridge the clear CMOS jumper which results in an instant reset and the BMC comes online pretty much instantly. Then it boots. I’m not sure what the problem is? I do not have any changes saved in the BMC and I have reset the BMC to factory defaults and updated it. Also motherboard BIOS is on latest version (F05).

Does anyone have any ideas?

1 Like

Is the BMC on firmware 13.04.12 which came out after BIOS F05?

1 Like