Geks' Exclusion Zone: blog and shenanigans and stuff

Welcome, welcome my friends!

Gek’s Exclusion Zone is a fine place, for fine ladies and gentlemen. Here we you can engage in such activities as:

• Watch geks run around in their natural habitat and scream, and rant about shit no one cares about. and engage in deep discussions.
  • Read incoherent unholy texts about gek’s opinions and experiences.
  • Suggest a course of actions to eradicate the gek once and forever for future projects and self-improvement of the gek.

Blog

logo

My blog: codebite.xyz
hopefully this is not too much of self-advertising

So, in the spirit of eNgAgEmEnT, I wanted to get back to blogging stuff. As some of you know tho, I have a blog for that, but I thought I’ll still make a tread here, so you can comment (if you want) about whatever I post there here, since my blog doesn’t have a comment system, and most likely never will have.

Whenever I post something new, I’ll post it here to encourage some discussion, it might be a short post about whatever, a series of posts about some tech, or just a rant. Hopefully someone here will find it entertaining, or interesting.

There’s also an RSS feed.

FAQ:

Q: Why not just post stuff on the forums?
A: I like to have my stuff hosted on something I control.

Q: CPU part 6 when?
A: Whenever I feel like it (check projects/other/cpudev)

Q: Those white images on black BG look awful.
A: Not really a question, but yeah. The site used to have light theme.

Related topics:

13 Likes

New post in a year!

https://codebite.xyz/blog/post/2019/4/8/getting-into-hardware

Just me talking about me getting into hardware, most of you knew this already tho. if you wanna ask me something specific feel free to!

10 Likes

7 Likes

yes yes yes
it%2527s%2Bhappening

5 Likes

I’ve said this before, I say it again. I enjoy watching you do stuff even when I have no idea what you are doing.

So:

6 Likes

So if I got a bucket, how much vodka to make this thread gold?

3 Likes

7 Likes

My recommendation is a desk mat for the work space as heat leaves quite nice black spots on wooden desks.

4 Likes

believe it or not, I couldn’t fucking find one! Maybe I should just order online…

@anon46267848, thank you for fixing my spelling :joy:

5 Likes

That clean desk alone is enough to me read. Good setup haha.

4 Likes

Dear Redgek,

Where did you learn C?

Thx

6 Likes

The very basics in a course, but looking back it was so wrong lol, coz it was C++ but not using all the features lol.

Everything else, just self-taught, on the interwebs, just coding small projects, usually never finished lol.

6 Likes

Nice. I also learned C concepts with C++, without the ++, in college lol.

Good times.

8 Likes

The “C” course was like a training course that I went to while I still was in school.

In college they taught Pascal, C++ and bit of C#.
In uni it was C#, Java, Scheme.

Everything in the actual education was very surface level and pretty meh. Most stuff I know, I know by tinkering myself, and/or reading on the internet.

Not much of a tech book reader, they’re usually so fucking boring lol. I like to get my hands dirty.

7 Likes

you’re website, while I like it… and I definitely haven’t clicked on your profile link once a week for about 2 months to be immediately disappointed when I see WIP

Uh, so tell us… what made you choose that font?

We’re here to help :wink:

4 Likes

roboto? I kinda dig it. Am not opposed to removing it, since loading it makes a flash of white kind of thing.

You don’t like it?

3 Likes

that’s the thing, I’m not sure…
I maybe I just feel it’s too smoooothh
maybe the font is just a size too large.

I’ll have to think about this, when i get a moment I’ll just stare at it for like an hour, then maybe I can give you a solid feel for it, I just don’t know, something seems a little jarring :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

Maybe it’s the white on black contrast? It used to be black on white… But I like dark themes.

Also yeah, I made the font like 16 pt.

3 Likes

I think the dark is good.

I just figured it out lol… observe

notice the lack of diff between the bold and normal text
triggered
it bugs my eyes, an easy fix is to make the font just a little bigger on the header, or make the main body a little smaller… Doesn’t fix the strange nature between the bold and normal text (and their “contrast”) but the font isn’t bad besides that… i think.

2 Likes

here’s bold and non-bold text.

3 Likes