Gaming, on my Tesla, more likely than you think

I believe changing adapter type value instead of deleting it might be key

1 Like

i have the same set up gpu wise as you and i also can get it show up in low power mode using hybrid=2. my tesla is in slot 000 of the registry and my 580 is in 0001. I havent gotten around to doing a fresh driver install so maybe it could have an effect.

low power mode is still better than SETCPU from github so maybe this whole 2x gpu thing is going to work out after all.

1 Like

I don’t know if you’ll be able to SLI you can MAYBE get it to work with different auto SLI
I’ve only been doing testing with that on windows 7 and with gt 740s, but I hear it works on win10 but you have to use older drivers

1 Like

do you think a noctua 60mm would be good for that 3dprinted cooling solution. (nf-a6x25-flx model)

@GigaBusterEXE

Edit: to be clear I mean Tesla K40 fan shroud by [tkphd]

1 Like

Don’t know if I’d pay 15$ for a 60mm fan but yeah, I used that in combination with the first 3D printed file, the 92mm flavor, with a 3600rpm AVC fan, put plates in in ocupided slots and use sticky tack to both adhere it and to seal it

1 Like

is there a cheaper brand you have good experience with? i have antec fans in my case so a Noctua would probably honestly be overkill acoustically.

1 Like

AVC has always performed well with me personally, they are typically found on OEM stock coolers in HP desktops

2 Likes

Oh thanks, I misinterpreted AVC s a formfactor with that little shroud.

1 Like

San Ace typically makes nice and powerful fans too, if it’ll spin 3000rpm it should move adequate air, 1900RPM just won’t cut it at 60mm try to keep it 25mm deep or deeper

As far as the extractor goes 2600 rpm at 92m should be fine but faster the better

1 Like

Thanks! I can’t seem to be able to get the Tesla to show up in 0000. I DDU everything, restart back into Safe Mode, install Tesla Driver, reboot into normal mode, install AMD driver, and somehow the AMD driver is back into 0000, and Tesla K40 into 0001.

So just to be clear: don’t touch anything in AMD driver, and in the Tesla driver delete AdapterType, and add EnableMsHybrid=1, correct?

Anyway, problem still remains that Tesla remains in 0001, and Microsoft VGA adapter is 0000, later becomes AMD driver.

while in safe mode installing the tesla drivers. go into device manager and uninstall the NON tesla device right before you start up the installation.

see if that works. (for me its a 580 i uninstalled from device manager. your set up will vary)

that is how i got my tesla to show up before my 580 as 0000. i also switched the physical slots they were in for cooling setup so i am not sure if that plays a factor as well.

1 Like

Also anybody looking to 3d Print the 80/92mm rear PCI extraction panel.

The grey noctua 92mm fans are on sale on Amazon for 10 bucks. so i think ill spend the extra 2 bucks for a noctua in that case.

Tesla M40 vs GTX 1660 Ti Might be a good comparison. Higher RAM probably will help with higher res textures at lower resolutions sticking at 1080p…

Gave up on the idea of overclock. I have cut out a carton duct to feed air into the GPU and it now hovers about 75-80 degrees , that will do for now

2 Likes

Instead of AMD drivers I have the Microsoft Basic VGA driver. Shall I uninstall that whilst in safe mode?

yep uninstall whatever it shows up microsoft or amd it doesnt matter. it’ll just make that second gpu gone form the category during the intallation and slot your tesla into 0000

1 Like

Nice one! This worked!! I have the tesla k40 in 0000 and my r9 380 in 0001.
Now to remove AdapterType in my Tesla, and add EnableMsHybrid = 1.

P.S. Done the changes (removed AdapterType from Tesla, added EnableMsHybrid=1), but now I can’t choose the Tesla as the Physx accelerator in the Nvidia Control Panel. And it doesn’t show up as a High Power device in Display Settings > Graphics Settings.

P.S.2 somehow now the Nvidia control panel allows me to select the Tesla as a Physx card.

is 60$ a reasonable price to print the pci extractor and k40 shroud?

don’t know much about printing

No, you can get 2 entire rolls if filiment for that

I agree it is a bit high. People might pay it though.

I sell 3d printed ABS car parts. PLA is probably fine for this except for exhaust side but only if your airflow is really low under load.

1 Like