Gaming, on my Tesla, more likely than you think

generally yeah

why opengl dont running success ?
if both hd6790 and m40 are enable to running opengl program,the system can be report error ,if i disable m40 to running opengl program the system can be success running ,the enable m40 all program can be success include dx12 program and opengl program,how can i running opengl for m40 ?
do you know how can i to do ?

Other people have success using other methods

But I just use an Nvidia GPU as the host card, GTX 950 you were going to use will solve your open gl problems

Best I can say amd and Nvidia fight over opengl and usually amd will end up as the render card

If both are Nvidia cards your telsa will render it

My personal setup is a GT 740 and m40

But a 950 should work even better

1 Like

still stuck on code 10, 4g decoding on, csm disabled, probably my mb but device manager picks the card up. not sure what the problem is, anyone had this problem before?

Dude we have all said its the board

thanks,if gtx950+m40,do the driver can install geforce driver,not need to data center driver ,is the geforce driver do batter than data center driver for play game ?

because the covid19 virus raging,Shanghai implements home isolation and is not allowed to go out,the logistics is total stop,so i bought a water block for M40 delayed delivery, if i get it ,i will show it for your reference。

what is your MB ?

I think either will work but get the older one just in case

I’ve got a similar set up as WRC1024, but a GTX 750Ti+ M40 12Gb. did the driver install with the Cuda 11.2 drivers and got the M40 to show up but windows uses the 750Ti when ever I play a game. even forced the game to use the M40 but so far a no go. Doing the registry mod did not help, but did notice that the 750Ti is 0001 and M40 is 0002. 0000 is the basic Microsoft drivers. Some additional info, the M40 is water cooled using the NZXT Kraken G12 mount kit so OC is also in mind.

I’ve been following your guide since 6 months ago and with an AMD Ryzen 3 2200G got it to work great. Upgraded to a Ryzen 5 3500x and have been on and off in trying to solve this.

Try using a Tesla driver older than the 750ti driver, then installing 750ri driver

1 Like

Haven’t installed the latest 750Ti Geforce drivers since the cuda 11.2 has Geforce drivers for it in the same version as the m40. it shows up as 27.21.14.6089 from 12/11/2020 on both. Should I go for something newer using the Quadro/Tesla Drivers that support both after doing DDU on all the GPUs?

Is the 750ti in the top slot?

From what I have read, the M40 needs the x16 slot, so that is on the Top slot and the 750Ti is on the second slot that is x8.

Swap them, won’t really matter, also ddu after

1 Like

Gotcha, I’ll try swapping them and get back with the results.

it’s a hit or miss. some games use the M40, others stick like glue to the 750Ti, but at least the M40 is starting to get used. I’ll keep trying and update as it goes. Thanks for the suggestion.

Which games in particular, Fortnite you need to do the thing for battle eye and a few other dependencies

So you did swap to a board that has above 4GB decoding… and still that? That sucks. Also, don’t reply to this asking if I know a fix; if I had a suggestion, I’d say it.

The average board will run both at x8 like that.

1 Like