Gaming, on my Tesla, more likely than you think

I know about the windows stuff I’ve been telling everyone that and thanks for the other info I’m in Scotland so eu taxes kill any deals unfortunately but 1080tis have dropped alot 300 pounds now so hoping for another drop on them

Absolutely 1037 from a few I’ve had work stable fine and the 3100 is around where every k20x I’ve hard stops being stable and if you get better cooling it will be more stable but 1037 and 3100 is what I’ve bios modded a bunch to and never had any complaints they run and BTW is you have a profile saved is msi afterburner to load on launch you can make a wee batch file to run and that will set you’re boost clocks saves having to type out the nvidia-smi -ac 3100,993 everytime I’ll double check but just make a note pad type

cmd /k “nvidia-smi -ac 3100,993”

Then save as then all file types then file name whatever you want teslaclocks.bat

Then run that as administrator and that will run they clocks for you if you have them set in msi afterburner

Did this a few weeks ago and it’s been the coolest and quietest it’s ever been
30-35% pwm duty. It’s a Dell CPU fan I repined the order to be compatible and silicon sealed it to the shroud like 50-55c under load

Wraith ripper on a 1920x and a founders GTX 1080 are louder

How cool is the VRAM though?

I haven’t checked it without the Intel stock fan I have hovering about it, but with it, the vram is cool, and I don’t expect the fan to be doing that much since it’s running off a y splitter and it’s running off the same 30-35% pwm duty signal as the main Dell fan

I think maybe regular blower style cards just don’t have a big enough fan, the fan on the HIS iceQ was huge and those were quiet

Suppose it helps there is more room for a bigger heatsink when the fan is external to the shroud

Think of how crazy a triple slot blower card would be

1 Like

Throw a 2U server heatsink on one. 4slot.

Ooooh maybe I’ll try this with the v100 @PhaseLockedLoop

2 Likes

HA… do it though.

how hot is this ?

hello guys, i have Asus q87m-E CSM and i have tesla k20c 5gb, i can run this GPU on this motherboard ? someone know how to do it? please contact me)

and i updated bios asus q87m-e csm motherboard the last version 2019 but i didnt saw above 4g decoding on this motherboard bios, does anyone know of anything to do?

what happens when you have the card installed in

• The top slot
  • The bottom slot

You need a hacked vbios to get k20c to run just sell the k20c and buy a k20x mate the k20c needs alot of work to get running

Yeah, get a different board… the end.
I mean, if you were some kind of wizard, you could make a custom BIOS for the board, but… big if.

Not the bios on the board the k20c doesn’t work for gpu passthrough for gaming it needs a hacked bios to id as a k20x to get 3d acceleration working

BTW 4g decoding will be in boot options usually

@GigaBusterEXE @MarcWWolfe
Hi, guys
I have a question,Now my pc is hd6790 + M40 ,if the hd6790 change to GTX 950 (Maxwell 2.0,the same as M40),would it be better ?

Or under PCIe settings.