Gaming, on my Tesla, more likely than you think

As time goes by, I’m sure you’ll think of that less as an upgrade, and more as a mistake, until getting a more typical GPU or finding some magic fix. If remote play is good for you, you can set it up to run headless (without any video outputs) and get good compatibillity. Have your output GPU not support vulkan/DX12 and you’ll likely have better luck with games that use those APIs.

The fucking what with battle eye?

Whatever they’re anti cheat is called LMAO

I wasn’t aware that was a problem with a Tesla.

Maybe they fixed it or only a thing with Radeon cards but it was last year

you can try to use windows 11,it can manual selection graphics card to play game

1 Like

Mainly FFVII Remake, but finally got that to work super late last night. Don’t recall how though. I thing using drivers in manual install

it was out of curiosity. Ended up with it after doing several jobs for a client that got it for resell.

using Windows 11 and windows 10 and testing in both. Win 11 plays more nicely.

Hey dude So for youre setup this should sopve yourse issues with the enable mshybrid have the tesla set to 1 and for youre nvidia card add enable mshybrid to 2 reboot and in the windows gpu selection should show the tels as the high piwer card

1 Like

@GigaBusterEXE
hi,guys
i have a idea,can use gt1030 ?
is it must be Maxwell2.0 or other ,if opengl can use success ?

You have to use the newest driver, supported by the oldest card

You can use any Kepler, Maxwell or Pascal card, you just have to keep the top statement in mind

2 Likes

Solid general advice.

have you tried what i suggested

1 Like

as long as the driver is shared between the two nvidia cards there shouldnt be any issues just disable auto windows upadte as thats always trying to install the newest driver and nvidia doesnt allow two drivers running at the same time can be done in linux but not in windows

Big thanks for the advise, that actually worked in both W11 and w10. the note about drives having to be on the same version was one of the first issues that I came across when tinkering with the m40 months ago. Again, thanks for that small detail.

No worries there are a couple games it doesnt work on but 99 percent just work

yeah i swapped my mb, still dont work - i might switch to another mb for the final time but if it doesnt work then ill give up.

1 Like

Thanks for the response and sorry I didn’t reply sooner, I got extremely busy and only just saw your message. I was really looking for an Nvidia card anyway so I ended up taking a K40c for ~150€, which was a fairly good price at the time for roughly GTX 970 performance + 12GB of VRAM.

BTW, I guess it’s not of much use now that GPUs have almost gotten back to somewhat normal prices, but here is some stuff I found out or confirmed these past months about the K40c and M40:

• The K40c works fine on the P8Z68-V/GEN3 without any need for BIOS mod or anything, so no “Above 4G decoding” and “disable CSM” options required. It’s probably compatible with any mainstream mobo.

• The K40c doesn’t seem to like DX12 at all (maybe it was already mentioned, idk).

• As someone already mentioned is the thread (I forget who, sorry), using an Intel HD Graphics 3000 iGPU for video output with a Tesla is not possible: Windows 10 won’t allow using the Tesla for graphics rendering if the Intel drivers are installed, no matter what, while it will allow it if they’re not but in that case the performance is garbage.

• The M40 can’t work on a P8Z68-V/GEN3, even with options to enable 4G decoding and disable CSM unlocked in BIOS through AMIBCP (I don’t know if they actually did anything, but no combination worked).

• They’re not easy to come by for cheap, but the ACX 2.0+ cooler used by EVGA on their 980 Ti is a great cooling solution for the M40. There’s ~15-20€ of modding to make it fit but it’s a pretty efficient cooler, even with an additional aluminium plate between it and the die. Also, the midplate and backplate are both compatible with the M40 (just a cutout to make in the midplate for the power connector) and there’s thermal pads on both for the VRAM chips. The Titan X version should be the same.

1 Like

guys did someone tried to undervolt a tesla k20x?
if yes, how you did? you had to flash a modified bios or there are some command for do it like the overclock?