Gaming, on my Tesla, more likely than you think

Noticed this on my setup when I was adjusting some settings

Anyone else now get a integrated option in the Nvidia control panel? after setting this here I no longer have to rely on the windows control panel, everything goes straight to the tesla for D3D while all other desktop processes go to my GTX980. (See image blow, ID 0 being the 980, ID 1 being the Tesla)

Edit: Got this in my context menu now too

Works a treat, normally furmark would default to the 980 but here it is launched through the context menu. Im quite happy with this setup its exactly what I wanted.

4 Likes

Thanks man. I guess I was needing a system reboot or did something out of order because it works great now. I got the 1100 config with 3125 memory working. Just rigged up some temporary cooling to do game tests. :smiley:

Also, I think I found a typo in the original post. Bottom one would need to be +250 and -ac 3125,1125

6 Likes

Yeah I need to fix a bunch of stuff and ad more pictures

I just played PUBG Training mode for 15 min or so on this thing at 1100 Core 3125 Mem. Added a delta fan on the i/o side running 100%. Pulls between 85 and 99% power at 1100. 1440p “esports” settings I was getting 90-100fps. Pretty close to what I get on my Fury X. 1080p was right around 130fps. I might power mod this but as it stands now I am going to install my Morpheus cooler on it and daily drive this thing for a while.

zip-tied heatsink

Giga would be proud!

That’s exactly the sort of jank I love to see.

1 Like

(Offtopic)
Been using it like that in my desktop for a few years now, bought it from a customer who just showed up with it at my work one day.

(Ontopic)
So with my setup I’m able to disable/enable the tesla card in the event that I encounter an issue with a game or piece of software (None so far!).

Just a heads up if you disable and then reenable the card you need to reapply your afterburner overclock and then run the command to set the clock speed. I have my machine setup to apply the afterburner overclock at boot and then have a batch file sitting in my startup folder that applies the specified clock. For some reasons nvidia-smi wasn’t on path so I went and corrected that.

1 Like

If anyone was wondering what it looks like under the heat sink lol

Edit
Added the cooler lol

7 Likes

I think I repasted mine but reused the same thermal pads, I need to buy a pack of thermal pads from AliExpress

M40 was lol enough but I also couldn’t get it to use more than 180w full tilt

2 Likes

I’ve had mine exceed 220watts in 1440p 144hz gaming loads, does a great job. Waiting for a 120mm 32mm thick 12 volt blower fan to arrive from amazon. I dug out my delta style 3D printer and gave it a tune up so I can have a proper thermal solution.

After I sort it out I’ll post a link to amazon for other UK folk along with a link to the 3D model for you to slice.

2 Likes

M40 or K40?

1 Like

K40M using the provided clock speeds in your original post,

1 Like

I haven’t checked the consumption of my k40 yet, I assume it’s higher because it’s kepler

2 Likes

What are you using to see the card wattage/amps? I don’t have it in HWinfo or gpu-z. Only % of TDP

1 Like

I was looking at afterburner

1 Like

HW Info with afterburner providing info for RTSS, I’ll double check tomorrow when I have a better cooling solution ready but this is what I see in HWInfo

I guess I have been declining the HWinfo update for a few years now >_> I had version 5.90. All is well now thx

1 Like

Clean! Did I miss the part where you explain where the upgraded heat sink came from?

It is a Morpheus II heatsink. I installed it on top of the factory vrm / memory heatspreader. idk what else to call it.

https://www.raijintek.com/en/products_detail.php?ProductID=45
https://www.raijintek.com/en/products_detail.php?ProductID=137

2 Likes

Since you have both a 980 and k40m, what’s the performance difference like between them?

Have we found a way to make these cards with no display outputs work with VFIO yet?