Game of Thrones Discussion Thread [Spoilers, probably]

Yep, S7 has its moments xD It clearly shows they don’t have the books to rely on anymore.

That’s were you are wrong (from a certain point of view). Dragonfire in the GoT universe doesn’t work like normal fire. It is hot, really hot, to a degree where it is even able to melt stone. The older the dragon, the hotter the fire. Granted, Dany’s dragons are rather young, but one dragon melting the wall this fast is more or less fitting. This is explained in the books, but never in the show I think.

Nah, Lord Baelish was awesome! Just like Ramsay :slight_smile:

Don’t question timetravel in movies…just don’t.

Resurrecting this thread with glowing blue eyes.

110% buildup. I imagine shit has to hit the fan in the next episode. As long as Tormund’s okay, everything’s fine.

(P.S. please no more chucky-esque white walkers)

2 Likes

Those 50 min sure went fast. There wasn’t anything of it that I really disliked, but I wouldn’t have minded some 10 minutes of “filler” material. Surely they could have scraped up some little things like 1 minute spent showing the Dothraki and Unsullied freezing their asses off when camping out in the snow.

It struck me early on what a nerd I’ve been for this show during its hiatus; When they arrived at Winterfell in the beginning I was surprised for a second that they weren’t established there already. I was like an episode too far ahead into my mindset.

3 Likes

Has it been discussed that the reason the Night King was able to destroy the wall, was because Bran was marked, and that gave the Night King a conduit to break the walls magical barrier?

People that will die this season. Just predictions, no spoilers.

Jon Snow
Arya
Theon and his sister or one of them
Dany if Jon does not die
Jamie Lannister
Tyrion
Cersei
The Hound will lose probably

Then there is the latter, everyone dies and the Night King reigns.

There is no way this is gonna have a happy ending. This episode was proof of that, setting up false hope.

Another note, when Jon and Dany went off on their Dragon ride, it was a shade of what Robert told Ned during their trip to Kings Landing. In season one.

“What do you say Ned, how about we get lost in all this country?” I might be a little off on the quote.

Dany told Jon after they landed “Let’s just stay here and grow old together.” I think I’m off on this quote as well.

I really liked how the episode ended:

Even though Jamie wasn’t in the episode till the end. His scene spoke an insane amount of volumes. Disbelief, disgust at past actions, regret, shame. Even what he is wearing. He isn’t in armor or his house colors. I don’t know if he’ll make it to end of the season or not. I’n really curious to see how things play out in the next episode.

Good stuff in the episode. Looking forward to the next episode.

2 Likes

I don’t know, isn’t he still wearing Lannister colours?

Something, something pathetic fallacy lighting showing everyone’s on a level playing field.

1 Like

I would think not, the lighting and mastering has went down every season. The show has gotten more and more darker in contrast.

Can’t wait for it to be free on Prime
Was not even remotly interested until some of the anons started talking about it.
Now I am interested…perfect timing.
Maybe try HBO now on prime, binge watch for one month, then cancel :slight_smile:

Hmm… maybe a darker shade of them.

Id still do danny…I can ignore a lot.

2 Likes

The torrent I was downloading had 13 000 seeds. You don’t see that often.

Sputnik has a piece on the show

In my opinion Arya will be last girl standing. I like the kid.

1 Like

I’m convinced that Arya will live and through her the Stark family name will go on. Now more than ever. :slight_smile:

Good episode but I’d wish they’d get on with it, the remaining four episodes better be non-stop battles.

Next week I reckon we’re losing Aria (thanfully, don’t like her character or the actress that plays her at all) Brienne, and Tormund. Brienne because she was finally knighted and Tormund because he bragged about being a hard man lol. Brienne might die and Tormund will die trying to save her I reckon.

Well, that was quite the battle. Is it just me, or were Jon and Dany very stupid with how they used (or rather didn’t use) their dragons?

Will put my thoughts in a spoiler:

For a good chunk of time, they were just flying around basically blinded by the blizzard. They could have and should have used the dragon to take out a massive amount of the dead army attacking Winterfell. They could have saved WAY more lives and made it a lot easier on those fighting on the ground.

I get they were waiting for the Night King, but they could have done so while flaming a ton of enemies. Then Dany goes and lands her dragon among the dead army and allows them to start attacking her dragon, like, come on! Stay off the ground!

And what was the point of sending the Dothraki out ahead on their own? They had to know the dead army numbers are FAR greater than the entirety of the forces at Winterfell, they had to know the Dothraki would be slaughtered as they were. Strength in numbers was their best chance (aside from the dragons).

It just seemed to me like their strategies were very careless and weak, IMO.

Theon, supposedly a very skilled fighter by the time this battle took place, should have known better than to charge foolishly at the Night King. In real combat that’s a really dumb thing to do. Your opponent can see you coming and has all the time in the world to respond in kind. Arya had the right idea - attack from stealth, and hey, it worked. :wink:

I may be nit-picking, and I understand the need to make battles carry out a certain way “for TV & film”, but a lot of the time, what happens does not make sense and would not be how they would have actually fought the battle, realistically. To me, it actually takes away from the thrill of it.

That being said, I’m happy with the final outcome, even though I think they could have saved many more people with the dragons.

1 Like

Just an FYI - your spoiler tag is not working.

You cant have empty lines in a spoiler tag.

You need to spoiler tag the individual paragraphs.

2 Likes

FIFY, fam.

3 Likes