Game of Thrones Discussion Thread [Spoilers, probably]

Ah ok, thanks. I wasn’t sure.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like

It happens. Kind of a weird rule considering everything else works the way you did it.

But, yeah, you can do

[spoiler]
Blah
Blah

Blah

Blah

Blah blah
[/spoiler]

And it’ll work. Just have a line break between starting and stopping.

1 Like

Ayra is still my girl :slight_smile:

Deus Ex Valyrian Steel

2 Likes

So, does no one know what attrition tactics are?

2 Likes

Also why would you put your siege engines in the front line? Ballistas maybe, but trebuchets come on man.
John, Danny, Jamie, Grey Worm, Eddisod, Jeor I would assume the Hound have fought on at least one side of a siege. They all have fought numerically superior forces, too.
Dragons Fire, shown to burn the shit out of things, not used.
Hot oil for defending the walls? Side bonus, it is flamable.
Dothraki are horse archers, too. Why charge when you can screen the enemy? Same for the dragons.
Use volley and fire-and-retreat tactices for archers. .
Whitle down their numbers with as few loses as possible.
Why is there only one trench line?

/end rant.

6 Likes

Thought on how all this ends, its has been debated before. Last nights episode may have confirmed this theory.

Jon Snow will not become king, he will rebuild The Nights Watch. Since the Lord Commander is now dead. Dany will end up becoming queen, and Sansa may end up with The North.

We will see how things play out in the coming weeks.

Oh and that scene from last weeks episode was just uncalled for…

Yep lots of wtf last episode

5 Likes

I don’t mind the ending but it did kinda make the Prince that was promised thing over hyped

2 Likes

From what i could tell there should be next to no one left alive, so idk how they are gonna do shit down south, looked like 98% of their army was destroyed and only women / children in the crypt left

(was almost hoping for the dead to win tho)

2 Likes

Well Samwell lived conveniently. His dad and his bro be bbq’d so he’ll get all of their troops. I’m sure they’ll also pull a convenient army out of their ass somewhere else too. "Well we lost 2000 unsullied but we have 3000 more so we good

4 Likes

yeah deff gonna pull an army out of their ass

1 Like

When I pulled up this to watch and saw 98 minutes… I was kinda worried. As others have mentioned… yeah did people forget how to fight with basic tactics.
Also I’m still a bit miffed by:

Lets keep people in a crypt when the Night King can raise the dead. You twats. You should have burned the bodies. Come to think of it… wouldn’t North people burn bodies. It seemed like something they do.

Look the Lighting and focus were terrible on this. Lord of the Rings had an awesome fight where it was night and lighting was good. I know Game of Thrones had a a sizable budget and they should have used that on proper lighting. There is such a thing as too much realism and lighting is one of them. I watched this on a 4k HDR TV with my lights off just so I could see the show better and I shouldn’t have to do that.

Otherwise there were bits I enjoyed.

7 Likes

yeah need to watch not on a laptop at some point but lighting was literally the worst i have seen in quite awhile

3 Likes

Spoilers !!! Duh …

I wont comment on the quality but on the story side of this shit of an episode. The whole time there was no serious fight for the Night King and we got the “surprise kill” from a plot armor character.

Hate that shit.

What I think would of improved the fight.

Main “good” characters fighting with White Walkers so the Night King is not protected while he gets killed ( you can’t tell me the Whites didn’t see it coming after all of them were behind him ).

A few main characters dying from them would make a better story than dying from stabs by many nameless characters.

Also while the Night King can raise dead and shit, it would of been interesting if Bran could of summoned wild beasts to his help. We already know that wizards like him can control a single beast but he is supposedly the ultimate wizard.

Would of been good to see the Night King communicate with both the Walkers and the Humans, for the humans at least in the end scene where he was with Bran.

Also this is a bit of nitpicking because it’s a fantasy but man do those mere humans have energy to fight. If those guys exist in real life they would be the best fighters by stamina.

Also share @lesser 's opinion. At least they could of used things used before in the series like oil used by the Lannisters.

This whole fight reminded me of the unrealistic fight of the Bastards. In which people died over other people making a mountain ( not sure what’s the word in English but hope you get my point ) out of bodies that then they get pushed into it to " kill them by suffocation" I guess.

2 Likes

It wouldn’t be so bad if every version available didn’t have completely crushed blacks. I watched it on satellite TV and it was still 90% banding, 10% blur. Thanks, Sky.

@strykerzr350, I don’t think the Night’s Watch will be reformed. There’s literally no need for it now the wildlings are chill with the northerners, and the white walkers are probably gone.

Until the Children of the Forest decide they were playing the long game and wipe out men while they’re down haha

I still think Davos is going to have a major part to play. He was saved from execution for freeing Gendry by Melisandre, saying something along the lines of, “He has a role to play in the wars to come.” He hasn’t had a pivotal part in any conflict yet, so I think his time’s coming.

1 Like

Throughout the seasons Davos seems to be the only reasonable man around there. I think he will play a role with the Bank again as when he negotiated help previously.

Also remember when Melisandre negotiated with Stanis to not kill Davos as he will be needed when the long night comes. Well the long night came but his help wasn’t as big as I thought it would be.

2 Likes

Glad I’m not the only one that noticed these rather important details.

1 Like

It seemed very anti climatic with the Night King. Never get to hear him speak. There are hints that he is a Stark but that isn’t explored.

The Azor Ahai prophecy seems to be disregarded unless, the Great other is something else. But, that would mudy the story to introduce another existential threat this late. Euron summons the Deep Ones and Drowned God and we go all H.P. Lovecraft?

I don’t mind who killed him but the way he was is hokey at best.

At what was Bran even doing?

Bran:
“I know things are bad guys but I can warg into crows”

Everyone else:
“How does that help?”

Bran:
“It doesn’t just thought it was cool.”

2 Likes

Never read the books but I have watched some analyses and it seems like most “bad” characters are not bad just because they are bad. They all have some agenda.

What the show made from the Night King is the opposite - A character with no reasonable agenda. All we know about him is what Bran told us last episode ( that’s by the series in the books there seems to be more legends and info about him ). We never get his side of the story.

I am not sure still. We will see.

I don’t mind it either but she should of died by a Walker while she was sprinting behind the Night King.

yeah my thoughts also.

1 Like