Game of Thrones Discussion Thread [Spoilers, probably]

Why though? It is stated numerous times that the common folk doesn’t give a shit about who sits on the iron throne. Furthermore, they loved Margery and never liked Cersei to begin with, but they know that she killed Margery, the High Septim and a few other people when she blew Baelor’s Sept to pieces. (I assume everyone knows because Hot-Pie knows it too. He told Arya, remember?)
So two (or three) dragons fyling over in the night and laying fire to the Red Keep should work rather well. Aside from that, Daenerys has often proven that she is morally flexible and breaks her word, if need be. So she could have incinerated Cersei and Gregor Clegane at the meeting. (She did something similar to the slavers).

Concerning the fucked part: Daenerys already destroyed a large (significant) portion of the Lannister’s army and I don’t see how the could be helpful against the army of the dead. Daenerys still has her Unsullied and the Dothraki horde, so in terms of numbers she should be fine. (Her dragons also might be helpful again, but then again, the Night King seems rather proficient at piercing the out of the sky :smiley: ) Also, I think Jon or Tormund should at least have the concern that the Night King might have been able to reanimate Viserion.
Another problem with the truce with Cersei is that you aren’t able to move as freely as you’d like, since you always have to be concerned about getting stabbed in the back. Therfore, I think killing Cersei would have been rather efficient…

@Ramiel: A while ago I came up with the idea that ASoIaF is an allegory to global warming. For this to work though, the White Walkers would have to win. But it sort of fits: An enormous threat which is ignored by the leaders until it’s too late.

Practical reason is wrecking the south then running north would leave a power vacuum, also would take time to replenish forces.

On the other hand it goes against the very ideals Danny is trying to work towards. It was frustration and being so close that had her consider that.

Slowly but surely schemers are getting what is owed to them, their gains are only temporary.

I enjoyed season 7 but it is like they took a 12+ episode season and jumped from action scene to action scene cutting it down to 7 episodes. I guess now it’s off the books it hollywood writers.

Yer Bran screwed over Hodor as well. Darn cripple :slight_smile: I think you might be onto something with the end of magic. I could see 2 dragons vs undead dragon all killing each other in the end and God of lights champions vs Night king same thing.
Hopefully John puts a baby in Dani first.

1 Like

Agreed, they really should have let some stuff sink in, way too fast paced.

I know this theory has been done to death, but this guy puts a spin on it. Long story short, Bran goes back in time to just before the creation of Night’s King, wargs into his mind while he’s still human to warn the Children of the Forest but got stuck in there.

1 Like

Specially the romance between Jon and Danny, but it is an extremely expensive show to produce.

Why is Season 7 only 7 episodes long? Have they run out of money or what.

1 Like

I think so. The last season is going to be 90 minutes per episode or something.

They ran out of book :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah that would make sense. I was told the guy who is writing the story took 10 years to finish one of the books.

Apparently he also mentioned that the last two books might be released almost simultanously this year.

1 Like

Some minor book spoilers Click if you want.

Stannis is still alive as of now. Sansa never married Ramsey and never made it to Winterfell. Littlefinger is still alive. Tommen is still alive

Never underestimate Georges capacity to say this year and not delver :slight_smile:

1 Like

Don’t worry, as it turns out I am perfectly able of replicating him when it comes to my master thesis…

Dude I haven’t seen Season 7 yet. And you already spoiled it for me because the notification that pops up in bottom right corner does not blur the text. It was only a glance but I saw that thing about stannis. Shit.

Are you on mobile?

I am deeply sorry man. I thought spoiler text worked even if the notification shows up.

I was gutted when I heard the last season of Game of Thrones was going to be in 2019. If only I was a bear :frowning:

No. On desktop FF 57. The notification even showed the HTML/CSS code that was supposed to blur the text lol.

I use Chrome. Must be a bug.

Ok, I’m up to date now.

I have to say S07 was the first season where dumb things started to happen. When Dany came to the rescue and everybody hopped onto the dragon Jon suddenly decides he wants to fight the dead army. They all tell him come on Jon, we need to go! And he is like Nah…bro I’m in the mood now for fighting while getting further and further away from Drogo. I could not believe what i was seeing…facepalm

Then the absurdity continues with Jon getting dragged under water by the zombies and few minutes later somehow with a sword in his hand manages to get out. That’s some thick plot armour right there.

Finally the white-walker dragon destroying the wall with its flames was real stretch. Ice does not break/crumble when you shoot flames at it. That looked like something straight from Michael Bay’s movie. I tried this at home, all that happens is the top layer of the ice turns black and it slowly melts. It would take days for the dragon to melt the wall.

Oh and Little Finger is finally dead. His time was so overdue. Fucking snake.

This was one of the things I didn’t understand. How can bran be responsible for Hodor becoming unable to speak when Hodor was already in that state when they first met.

1 Like