DeViLzzz Giveaway ... Now over (prizes being handed out and thnx 2 the people that cared to participate)

LOL! Ok. Heck even if you didn't want the games or whatever you could give them to a friend or even an enemy.

Anyway this giveaway has gone much like a petition I once made which got not enough support but the funny thing is the Liberal government just changed what I was trying to get them to change. Anyway ..

My entry (no graphic tablet? No problem):

1 Like

@DeViLzzz it might help if you listed the items that you were planning to give away. I know that you said that you would be coming up with things during the giveaway duration, but perhaps making a list and posting that would work out better (?)

3 Likes

There is clarity as to what the best prize is which is after we get 69 different people with entries I will give a person 12 months of Humble Bundle lowest tier. I also have said that I will be giving out other games but they are not likely to be better than what one will get from 12 months of Humble Bundle lowest tier as I didn't mention the other games. Finally I also shared that I'll be giving away emoticons, wallpapers and cards from Steam. It is free stuff and it doesn't take much to fine a PhysX meme or create one so yeah.

Update: (June 7, 2017) Now there only needs to be 64 individual entries and I will give away 1 Humble Bundle per month $1 tier for a year to one person. When 64 is met there will also be the same prize given away because 32 individual entries was met. There will also be other things given away.

People don't want free things? C'mon guys this is getting depressing. I already have enough trouble with depression sometimes so participate and if it sounds like I am begging I am. I was just trying to do a nice thing and I thought people here would be all over this cuz well they do not like my obsession with PhysX. Heck if you can come up with some related to me and PhysX that would be fine but don't go too over the line with the insults. Keep them intelligent.

Had an idea there, will throw it together later.

1 Like

Want me to do a second thing when I get home?

1 Like

Well you can win more than once if I so decide and right now I am leaning that way so yeah make another but yeah I get priorities so post it whenever. Thanks for your interest in the contest. : )

I'll take a Dark Souls III deluxe edition and an RX 490

1 Like

New update: 2 x PAYDAY 2 added to the prize pool but for anything decent like that to be given away I need to see 32 (as in 32 bit) different entries and those being from 32 different people. If things don't change I might just have to give away crap and move the good stuff over to a contest on CRIT.TV! Oh and the number needed for me to give a year of Humble Bundle $1 tier away is still set at 69 entries and those need to be from 69 different people.

(No longer valid as of June 7, 2017)

1 Like

Good. I dont want to be in it now with that kind of threat.

ive already enetered so i dont really care

1 Like

Knowing that you visit that kind of place is like seeing a friend getting into crack.

1 Like

He is also into Nvidia PhysX...

2 Likes

Well it seems to be pretty dead over there but the people that would follow that content are more like me. I am not a Linux guy and I don't have a media server in my home. I am a gamer and they will be talking more about what I want to hear. Also with Logan being a camera guy I have always wanted to get something decent and so hearing him share info. on cameras interests me. My sister is also into cameras and has a nice one and so I like watching this sort of content to stay informed and maybe there will be something from what is said to share with her. As for Level 1 Tech I like the content but much of it I don't understand but I still support it through Patreon and I enjoy listening to Wendell and Grizzle talk. Heck I liked the convos on Team PGP too but just got tired of watching other people game. LOL! Also I think from this thread and from what I share and what little interaction I have with people on this site you can tell I hardly belong here. Hell I had to stop talking about certain things just to get people off my back. Some people outside of this site would question why I even come here anymore but it is because I like what Wendell and his team do besides the Linux stuff and so on. I like the show where they talk about issues of the week in tech and more. It is one of the few things I consistently enjoy watching during the week to relax.

Anyway ... blah blah blah ...

Enter my contest people or I will start to bash anime and post more PhysX posts again in The Lounge!

1 Like

@DeViLzzz - just curious, but why these numbers (69 and 32)? Also, how many entries from unique users do you currently have? I'm assuming that you are nowhere close to these requirements since there's only 55 posts in this thread, so why not just reduce them?

1 Like

32 was actually just added so that is lowering things. Also I explained the 32 as it relates to 32 bit. : ) I will now change the other to 64 as it relates to 64 bit to clean things up. LOL!

I get having meaning behind things, but why not just say "Top 5 entries get this and top 10 entries get this"? :D Some folks might not be participating simply because they think that there won't be enough entries. Both 64 and 32 are quite high requirements imo.

Just pulling your chain.
Or am I?

What's the AMD or open alternative?

There are a lots of other physics engines. It is not just Nvidia's solution... And most of them does not charge 15% performance...