Cyberpunk 2077 - news?

has anyone heard anymore news regarding :

i am hoping... no dreaming, that this will live up to it... if anyone knows anything please share....
need another dues ex esque game :D

http://cyberpunk.net/

2 Likes

I'm not going to sugar coat this. Right now CD Projekt is still working on making the expansions for Witcher 3. We likely will not hear anything until next year at the earliest.

CDPR has a good track record....So we can be hopeful...But Until the trailer there has been radio silence.

Also they did say that the dev teams (Witcher and Cyberpunk) are different and work in parallel.

I still dont think there is much info on the project. Here's some quick searches:

Characters in Cyberpunk 2077 will speak in multiple languages. Players will be able to buy translation implants.

However, most importantly . . .
Witcher 3 Dev Not Planning to Discuss Cyberpunk 2077 Until 2017

1 Like

yea found most of this except for the "witcher 3 Dev Not planning..." part damn :( i think it will def be worth the wait... ive been wet since trailer release -_-

They should take their time to make it a great game but it would be nice to get a sign that they are still working on it.

1 Like

Few might not know but CDPR has another smaller (temp only) team working on Cyberpunk 2077; the current team is collecting materials.

Like sounds from LA, speech from many people around the world in their own native language and speaking english etc... working on design, story etc...

Game might come out around Dec 2016 or early 2017. Biggest problem as always is hardware... i haven't heard them getting any new gpu's from NV or AMD so most likely they didn't start the work on the actual game yet, but i'm sure there are proof of concept stuff already done.

We should all hope that they will not follow gameworks... and get new gpu's from NV; but this time they'll invest their own money that they should have now.

1 Like

They definitely are....Just check the job opportunities in the CDPR website. They are hiring for the Cyberpunk team.

2 Likes

too bad you have to live in poland ;( to get job there... I would certainly go back to 3dsmax if had the opportunity to work with them.

Also by checking their job offers I strongly believe that they will not use GameWorks.

Few of those are:
Graphics Programmer – Particles
Physics Programmer

Those tell me cdpr will develop their own libs without using NV/AMD's props.
Which would be, and seems to be amazing. Their engine would certainly take a bite in world industry like ID Tech engines written by John Carmack were.

// Personally I would strive to get this job
Environment Artist

2 Likes

old but good interview that bouys some hope:

i forgot about this game, i hope they work on it more soon

1 Like

The only logical choice of expectation for any game is to be pessimistic.

If the game turns out good then you are pleasantly surprised. If the game turns out bad then you were right (which feels great) and not disappointed.

1 Like

so its gonna be total garbage, here it is boys lol

Coming: When it's ready

3 Likes

amazing how self delusion works :P

I know I shouldn't get hyped in this gaming age, but this game makes me feel like it's the part of the second coming of sci-fi cyberpunk (haha) type games, like this coming out and games that push the future like Mass Effect Andromeda and Mirror's Edge Catalyst. Especially this game. I'm imagining the Witcher 3's scope, but something entirely Blade Runner/ Ghost in the Shell inspired. I hope it's an open world that stays true to the original games manuscript. Also, anyone else excited, since you know damn well this is made by CD Projekt Red, who now really enjoys putting their products, and moreso the possibility of it coming to GOG.com! Do you understand the magnitude of this company's impact on the gaming market if they release this game on GOG and it's a mega-hit like the Witcher 3 was? GoG is about to get a hell of a lot more traffic more so than it already does for those who want DRM free gaming. Hoping this breaks the shackles of steam! (Also, please be on Linux, it's hard to be a responsible gamer when so much of my library depends on Steam).

1 Like

Loaded with hot nVidia DRM. Oh joy...

lol with all them lovely gameworks "features"

1 Like

Its made by CD projekt...Of course it will be on gog. That would be like Valve not puttuing up portal on Steam..

Gameworks its not really DRM. It is a bit more sinister. At least DRM is more honest on its functionality. Gamework is a lock-down technology masking itself as a feature...

from what we've seen (them hiring people) they are going to make their own effects without use of gameworks.

1 Like