Convince me from buying a Lenovo E570

pretty sure the sata connection on the b575 is shot as the ssd I had inside had no issues booting up on my main rig.
I didn't feel like taking my ssd from my desktop out

I would still double check before getting rid of it.
I saw a review of the e470 it has an extra connector ribbon on the drive.

Please explain what you mean by that?

All I can say against it is the casing looks cheap and easy to break and that the battery is way too small. Thats like a battery from 2003 right there.

1 Like

What OS are you going to run on it?

Linux and Windows
specifically arch

1 Like

idk the specs and price look good. just don't throw it around cause it probably won't be durable

I don't know if it's the same with the e570, but I had not seen it.

Taken from https://youtu.be/1Qux1-1m1kU
Doesn't look like ribbon cables are a thing

Damn it Lenovo

RIP
lenolenoenleneolenelolololollenovoeledleleololol
@judahnator I see what you mean

Update Manufacturing

I've been happy with my edge 15 Lenovo laptop. My only complaint is that the stock HDD was SUPER slow. An SSD cured that problem. Now, all is good.

1 Like

Loving my thinkpad E565, Decent gaming proformance from the apu

1 Like

Yeah, I feel your pain.

After waiting over a month when the order was "Released to Manufacturing" I decided to simply cancel the order. I then went to Best Buy and purchased the model I wanted plus a memory upgrade kit.

It did cost something like $50 more than it would have online, but my time was worth more than $50.

1 Like

I like Lenovos handware but after the hole Superfish bloatware I will never buy any of there products.

Mine runs linux just fine :D

1 Like

It finally arrived!

so far it is pretty surprisingly light and much thinner than I expected

having trouble installing manjaro tho(I think it might be a compatibility issue with the kaby lake cpu).

Got Linux installed on the computer!!!
turns out that it wasn't a problem with the kaby lake cpu.
The problem was Manjaro's live CD environment and the nvidia graphics. I solved it by using arch anywhere, running through the process of installing it, and had it auto detect drivers.

@judahnator what did you use to get the scroll button to work on Linux, I tried using gpointing-device-settings, but I am not sure about setting up the dedicated scroll button.

I should throw an ssd into my old laptop. picked it up for like 500 bucks a couple years back and its an amd a8 at 2.2.

Slow as molasses booting up

i threw a ssd into a x120e that has a amd 1.6. that thing flys on linux

2 Likes

I had the same issue.... That must be its death nell.