[CLOSED WAIT FOR NEXT MONTH]1 MONTH "Just do it" challenge/initiative for the members of the community

I wanna talk about complexity theory problems, if that's all good?

Yes that works and fits the requirement. It just has to be something that you made yourself(in your case it's explaining complexity theory problems) and that can be shared.

1 Like

Awesome, I've got an interesting view on a specific matter in computational complexity theory, I personally feel that it's a different view on the topic, I discussed my view with a friend of mine. He wasn't sure how to feel about my view, it'll be interesting to see what others think of my view on the matter, I look forward just to the feedback! :)

2 Likes

I seem to need a little support with one of my projects. So, to anyone following the Just Do It thread:

As part of @Atomic_Charge's great idea this month, I decided to actually act on a project that has been kicking around my brainpan for a few weeks. It's a modpack for KSP, and I've decided to call it Exodus. (Link to project thread: here.)

If you can do any of the following, please pop over to the project thread and write a reply there:

• Graphic design, i.e. a space agency logo (specific dimensions) and a modpack logo (somewhat larger)

• Doublechecking or auditing or otherwise helping me improve my "code" for the central Contract Pack mod (hosted at a GitHub repo linked in the thread)

• Have KSP & some familiarity with CKAN, & willing to test the modpack.

Anyone who helps out will of course be listed as contributors. Further, those three listed requests are not all the help I could use. There's more on the project thread, if you're interested.

3 Likes

I'd be more than happy to comb through your project, see if I can spot any improvements/any faults, if you like, I'm no expert programmer/coder, but I think many hands make light work?

Many hands do make light work. The project is still a little light on contracts -- but that's part of the point of asking for help now. I don't want to make mistakes now that carry into every contract.

1 Like

I want in! I have a few projects that I think would be interesting to share.

2 Likes

I have plenty of stuff I should finish or begin. All should be possible in a months time. I moved late last year, then there was the big holidays etc. Never really "moved in" properly. Most of my home is one big mess with boxes and stuff everywhere. Feels like I'm stuck in this bloody mess of mine. To add insult to injury, I had a break-in into one of my storage units where I had dumped a lot of stuff that I didn't really know where to put/planned badly for the move. Not much got stolen, but the mess got a lot worse of course. Had to take in a lot of random stuff in the apartment, adding to the chaos.

So I think my project vill be to get some bloody order here so I can actually do something else. Like finishing my 3D printer or building that AMD Excavator bench rig. My internet is now TP-cables on the floor, a switch on the floor etc etc. At least the pfSense-FW is on a shelf and not on the dang floor. There could probably be a lot of stuff to share, like the makeshift way I have my big MicroBoard screen set up, to pfSense configs etc. Building a proper work-space is kinda important, I can't get anything done in this mess.

4 Likes

Please, more 3d printing. We haven't had that stuff in a long while.

In a heartbeat .... if I had a 3D printer.

3D printer is 80% finished, so it is about 80% left. Also, it is in the storage-mess. I have nine moving boxes I haven't opened yet. I think it is mostly books in them. Really, really need to get a grip on this mess...

Count me in. I need a new timesink ;)

2 Likes

No need to spend a big portion of your time. Just something that you can share. That could either make a laugh, inspire, interest or just smile. Thanks man.

2 Likes

I'm going to encrypt my NAS next week. I haven't really come up with much of a plan yet but it it turns out to be interesting I'll put a post together.

3 Likes

Whoa. Can't really think of any practical use for that (but if you think there is then I would like to know it) but that should be interesting without a doubt.

1 Like

Not really, if anything it will be less practical. But I plan on coming up with a way of having it unlock by accessing a key on my phone. So that if it is stolen it can't be unlocked, but I don't have to type a passphrase in every time I restart.

1 Like

I'm in.
A little while ago I made a post about using Blender as a video editor and why I think it's amazing. I said in that post that I would look into the more advance features and plugins that improve the video editing experience. Need less to say I'm finally getting around to doing exactly that and will post another thread about it once I've played around with it.

2 Likes

You are in! Do you have a link for your previous post?

Sure do
https://forum.teksyndicate.com/t/my-thoughts-after-using-blender-as-a-video-editor/94693

3 Likes

All right i'm in. I just bought some LED light strips, i'm going to try rig up a raspberry pi to it in an attempt to try control the led and make some cool effects.

I bought a raspberry pi yesterday so just need to source the breadboard and a few other bits and pieces. Should hopefully be good to go.

2 Likes