[CLOSED WAIT FOR NEXT MONTH]1 MONTH "Just do it" challenge/initiative for the members of the community

Preface

As a lot of us are currently aware, our community, this forum is very dry in terms of creative content. There really is not that much going on. Only occasionally some people manage to share something that they have personalty made.

What I am trying to get across is that we need to get involved as a community. Share, build and create things that are cool/funny/dumb/controversial. We can't just call ourselves enthusiasts if we don't do anything enthusiastic. Enthusiasts share their creations and content with other's who alike, individuals who are into that sort of stuff. We are lacking in that division of being a community.

Let's put aside the issues that Logan, Wendell, Qain, Pistol and others are going through, after all they are in a very volatile state right now and need to concentrate. Let's show them and each other that we can do cool things too.

I believe that if we show each other that we can accomplish that, we then could inspire others and facilitate intellectual and creative growth here.

As I am well aware, we have people who are studying computer science and general computer related stuff, so I believe that the best way you guys can really advance is by showing what you can do so that others may critique and/or enjoy your content.

JUST DO IT

overused meme is real

The challenge is simple but it's up to you how complex it should be.

All that is required is for you is to finish a project that can be whatever you wish, as long as it is made by you and if you desire you may do it with someone else. It can be dumb /funny /inspirational /complex /controversial but as long as it is made by you it is fine.

If you are...
... a programmer... program a tool or a game
... a composer... compose music
... a builder... build a table or something
... a writer... write a fan fiction about the journey the crew had
... a scientist... conduct an experiment and publish a paper
... a bee enthusiast... then build a house for a bee colony
... an editor... film and edit a video
... an engineer... engineer a cool contraption
... an artist... draw...

...Create

So to whomever wants to participate, I encourage you and challenge you to do something. REGARDLESS OF YOUR EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS.

The period is 1 month. Ends April 4th 2016 . THIS IS NOT A HARD DEADLINE. They may be submitted later or earlier. Just try to deliver.
Post if you wish to participate so I can add your username to the list.
At the end of the month we will all submit the projects we have made and digest them together as well.
The projects don't have to be enormous or difficult(but it's still encouraged)

When you are done just post the thread where you shared what you have done and tag me so I can begin compiling a document with all the contributions.
Post questions/critique down below and we shall discuss.

People who can't deliver will be put to shame not really, but try to deliver please. This is for both you and the forum

Also academic integrity is important, don't try to post other's stuff post your own, you can reference and use other's stuff but it should not be made entirely out of someone else's project. We are not thieves.

If any of you have a blog, github page, youtube channel, souncloud, bandcamp and/or anything where the project could be also posted, provide a link so I can link it next to your username.

If you are using github and can't make it look pretty, Ferman suggests a cool tool
https://forum.teksyndicate.com/t/1-month-just-do-it-challenge-initiative-for-the-members-of-the-community/97890/144?u=atomic_charge

You can also post existing forum threads that you will continue to contribute over the course of this month. I will link it as /W.P.I.x/

Is this thread a good idea?

• yes
  • no
  • not sure

0voters

Currently Participating (I've lost count.Someone help pls)

If you don't see yourself on the list and you asked me to put you on pm me.
34 Likes

I'm trying to get some Java stuff with Rudster aka @Fragmented_Cat so I'm in.

2 Likes

Lol, We both jump this idea at the same time
https://forum.teksyndicate.com/t/do-you-want-programming-tutorials/97888

4 Likes

So you are in, right?

2 Likes

Once my second 390x shows up content will be on the way from me

2 Likes

Well ill be doing this thing for longer than a month if it works out. Less of a project to submit.

2 Likes

Doesn't matter

1 Like

Throw me on the list anyway, We will see how this works out

1 Like

I'm in I have an idea for a python script that has been itching for awhile now. I'll keep it on the DL for now until I have the basic idea coded.

2 Likes

I'm in.

2 Likes

Well, I have been wanting to get my RaspberryPi inside the case of a Gameboy case. This could be something to get me motivated finally get myself working on it.

2 Likes

When you think you ready, say that you are and I will throw you on the list.

1 Like

Okay thank you. Just going to start ordering some parts. Then I will be ready to start assembly.

2 Likes

I was thinking of doing some RaspberryPi stuff.

3 Likes

Put me on the list, topic currently unknown lol

1 Like

The Pi Zero would absolutely amazing if I can get it working in there. There will be so much more room for wires and other parts compared to the Pi A+ or Raspberry Pi 2. Thinking of the Pi 2 because I could just load in another SD card and have a functional portable mini PC that could be hooked up to the TV and used as a media center.

1 Like

Go for it, Doesn't matter if someone is doing something similar.

3 Likes

I am also in the air currently. I will start carrying my laptop to school and see what I can come up with(doesn't mean I wont think about it at home)

1 Like

so...would just scheduling a community game night count? what if we had quake live night once a week and those so inclined could stream it or something.

2 Likes

Fuck yeah. Just let us know lol. Anything that can get people involved and interacting is encouraged but not mandatory.

3 Likes