Cinebench R15 cpu+overclocking score

FX8350´s stock clock voltage is arround 1.368V

1.44V was the number i used for my 4.8Ghz OC.

1.288V seems a bit to low for me, even for stock.

But yeah msi bios can be a pain in the ass wenn it comes to voltage adjustments

I did oc it to around 4.3 a while back but my bios lost the profile and i just haven't gotten around to doing it again. Mainly because i don't really trust my psu due to the fact its 5 years old and im pretty sure i have little head room left and like you stated the msi bios is just ugh. I am though planning on getting the 5960x in a couple weeks with the nzxt kraken x61 and seeing what kind of oc i can get plus some cinebench 

wat do you wanne do with that 5960X ?

If its mainaly for gaming, then its realy pointless to get one. ☺

Productivity, I am about to graduate with a BA in game art so i do a lot of 3D modeling, rendering, simulations ect. So seeing how i will stepping ino the CG industry I want a solid workstation that will last a while specially if I have to do freelance. 

Broke 600! heh

Ah yes in that case, such an 8 core 16 threads cpu could make sense. or maybe a xeon E5.

1 Like

I like the i7 because it is unlocked and very overclockable. and as far as i can tell as far as price goes compared to the other xeons the i7 is a beast and comes in 5 place as far as rating goes on PassMark.

But this isnt about cpu's its all about benchmarks so as soon as i get it im sure to do a stock clock bench as well as a oc bench. 

I was amazed that it's nudging up against dual X5650 when it's clocked at 4.5Ghz

At stock I got 1007, which is lower than the 3930k, however that could be attributed to the 100mhz lower 6 core boost clock on the 5820k in comparison to the 3930k.

Real nice score :o

damm thats a nice score ☺

Thanks guys, I'd like to push it further (since I still haven't found it's upper limits) but I'm a bit weary as I've read reports of X99 boards going up in smoke (literally) here and here.

if i read the first article sofar, it seems like a problem with the corsair AX860i they have used due bad solder.

My [email protected] with a score of 804 hanging out with the overclocked i7's.....LOL. Also my old [email protected] with a score of 613. I managed both of these overclocks with a OEM Asetek AMD FX AIO Liquid Cooler in a 70F deg room temp. Of course with a quick altercation to my radiator ;-)

I did run CinebenchR15 at 5.1GHz/1.6v without success. Very close, another second and the benchmark would have finished. My CPU temps only hit 44c so I'll have to try some more tweaking and mess with a few other settings next time. My Asus 990FX Crosshair Formula board also did very well didn't even break a sweat.

http://i.imgur.com/DKx01Qb.jpg

Damm thats nice lol, you got a damm good chip there, offcourse this also shows how decent the Crosshair V Formula Z board is.

The Asus crosshair V Formula Z and the Asrock 990FX Extreme 9 are realy the best overclocking boards in my opinnion.

So after a little playing. I arrived at the following:

(You can see my other scores on the side)

Interesting to note is that any RAM speed above 1333MHz doesn't seem to affect the scores (at least not within margin of error) and some other secret stuff can increase the score just a little.

Nice one, 5.25 at less than 1.5v, well done. I see what you did there with the bus. I use a multi and bus blend to get to 4.9, once the ambient temps lower I am going for 5+.

I removed the fans from my radiator and submerged it in ice water, other wise it was far to warm in my office to get 5.0ghz with the fans in push/pull. This worked very well and was very quick and easy. But next time I am going to use dry ice to avoid the chance of spilling any water on my PC.

Also an overclocked FX 8 core will turn ice into room temp water in about 10-15 minutes....LOL. So if you try it the ice water route make sure you have lots of ice.

Very nice score zanginator. [email protected]... look out overclocked i7's...LOL. Maybe try [email protected] for an even higher score!

My 8350 at 5.317.  Coolermaster nepton 280L. ROG board.

Wow some real nice scores coming in here, got to love the Crosshair V Formula Z.