Cinebench R15 cpu+overclocking score

Damn this guy gets it! .....LOL.

Got it to pass at 4.6Ghz along with tighter timings, this puts it higher than the dual socket xeons (which was my goal)

Given it is only 300 points above stock (3.3Ghz) I think raising my uncore will bring about further performance benefits (got it forced to stock, for stability and troubleshooting)

Going to see if I can push it to 5Ghz, but that may take a while.

4.8  with firefox running along with antivirus and a lot of other stuff. so room to grow but im lazy  will test out my 5.0 oc in a bit.

link to image http://i569.photobucket.com/albums/ss137/looming/ceinebach_zps47bfd5f0.png

PS. On a Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3

My Cinebench post above for my FX8320 also shows my FX6300 I did months ago. I saved the screen shots for the [email protected] so here they are.

[email protected]/1.536v

Asus Crosshair Formula 990fx

Asetek AMD FX AIO Liquid Cooler P/P

CPU-Z Validation - http://valid.x86.fr/gfnp6b

Image - http://i.imgur.com/6EiKHUu.jpg

Doesn't take much of an overclock on an FX 8 core to beat out a highly clocked FX 6 core.

reran bench at 5.0 little bit better results i think i could messes with ht more but dont want to .

Nice scores everyone! We have a nice fleshed out score sheet now! Awesome! It just goes to show that AMD cpus really are the best bang for your buck for multicore taskwork.

Well here is update from my score. :)

Will try for more when I get some free time. Temps are low to mid 70sC on the hotest core, so I think can be pushed little more.

Can the score sheet be sorted by highest score? 

I finally had time off/remembered to try and overclock the G3258. Got it to 4.0 GHz on stock voltage (and cooler). Gave it a little bump in voltage to see how much higher I could get it and proceeded to bugger up the system and it won't even let me into BIOS anymore.

You can, just select any field in the score column and click Data -> Sort sheet by column B, Z - A

Have you tried clearing the cmos?

Bunch of very nice scores again.

i´m still torring, if i wanne grab the Crosshair Formula Z or not.. Basicly i want it, But the thing that is bottering me, is that its allready allmost a 3 year old board, which still cost €185,- Even the maximus 7 Hero is cheaper... Aside from a bit more overclocking potential, the Formula Z will not give me anymore performance.

Choices choices...  :-(

keep it going guys. ☺

The Formula Z has a very nice waterblock for the board from EK, which has me tempted to move away from my Gigabyte board.

Well i will never ever buy a Gigabyte board in the first place lol, But yeah the thing i mean that i have a FX8350 right now, which i was able to push 4.8Ghz out on my current board, but i have some issues with my Asus M5A97 EVO R2.0 board. So i basicly was thinking to grab the Asus crosshair V Formula Z, however that board is more expensive, then intels Maximus 7 Hero. And the Crosshair 5 is allready, allmost 3 years old. thats kinda bothering me.. I have a second case laying arround, and my dad wants a computer aswell..

So my choice is mainly shall i stay with the FX8350 and buy that expensive Asus crosshair V Formula Z, or should i save the cash and buy a R9-290 first... and maybe upgrade to intel next year ☺

guess its update time so

thats all unless I decide to delid hitting 80c+ with a coolermaster nepton 280l

I would wait for 2016 when the (Zen/K12) processors come out. Unless you can find a used Crosshair Formula or Formula Z for cheap, even the Sabertooth 990FX is a great board. I found my Crosshair Formula 990FX on ebay $120 free ship.

Yeah i know, also the Sabertooth is allot cheaper. the only thing is, that the Sabertooth has a realtek lan chip, the same one, that i have on mine, and thats just the thing that is causing me those latency issues.

So basicly i want a board with intel lan, and there are only 2 of them. Formula Z or Extreme 9

Anyway tried 5.0Ghz again, but system keeps freezing lol. so most likely 4.8 is my max for this Asus M5A97 EVO R2.0 board. the only thing i did not try yet, is overclocking with multiplier and bus ratio at the same time.

Im not able to bump up my multiplier further then 22.5 for some reason. everything above 22.5 keeps my board freezing wenn render testing, no matter how much voltage i add to the chip. the only thing i  could try is putting the multiplier on a static 22.5 x 200 = 4.5Ghz, and then going to play arround with the bus ratio.

will be conteniud

Oh my that is nice, thanks for the tip. Thats going on the wish list.

EK wb