Asus XG438Q Review & Perfect Monitor Settings

Newegg also has an Open Box for $1000.

What is “renewed”? Yes im in the US. Why is this monitor so rare?

Wow so many ppl returned the monitor. I thought its the best 43 out there. How come no one is selling brand new?

1 Like

I’m guessing they didn’t make many of these, expecting them to not sell well. Renewed is just a fancy word for a customer return. Used, basically.

Funny how many used XG438Q are showing up.

Mine will probably be among them once Amazon gets it tested.

1 Like

Anyway if you do pixel-precise work or intend to run it at 100% DPI scale, then I suggest skipping this monitor and waiting for the next one.

If it is primarily for gaming, then by all means pick it up, as the rendering issues are not going to be a problem in a typical game.

Why can’i run this monitor as 100% scale dpi? Yea im looking for the perfect monitor that has both image quality and at least 120hz for gaming. Been waiting forever no one make such a monitor. Asus and Acer have 1 but theyre both 27". I would never use a 4k 27", its just too small.

So where did you guys buy yours at? Amazon?

I’d probably wait and see how the xg43uq is tbh

Read above :slight_smile:

Any reason you’re sticking with ASUS over the Acer CG437KP?

not sticking with per se but waiting to see if its rgb layout. isnt the acer bgr as well?

1 Like

I haven’t seen anything one way or another. I kind of assume they all are off it’s the same panel but idk.

This site evidently thinks the 4K 43" 120hz HDR600 panel used by this monitor is different from the 4K 43" 144hz HDR1000 panel used in the Acer CG437KP (and presumably the Asus XG43UQ too).

However both are VA panels from AUO, so it seems likely that they will share many of the same aspects.

Wait theres another one coming out? What is the diff?

yeah, theres another one coming out. Panel used (maybe) and display stream compression (better electronics?)

Asus XG43UQ and Acer Predator CG437K P are very similar, in that both are:

• 43 inch
  • 144hz
  • HDR 1000

(likely they will use exactly the same panel)

The main difference is that the Acer achieves 144hz by requiring two DisplayPort 1.4 cables to be connected, while the Asus uses one DisplayPort 1.4 cable and DSC (Display Stream Compression).

Rumor has it that adaptive sync won’t work with a monitor being driven by two cables, so that makes the Asus model with DSC sound better. At least until someone can prove otherwise.

So Dell just released a 55" OLED 120hz monitor for $4k. Should I get this one? the other 65" BFGD are just too big cause they’re 65". What do you guys think?

It’s a bit pricey. Want to ship it to me for review? Haha. Oled burn in. I hope someday level1 has more money to burn. I’d want to get a large 4k quantum dot monitor with my own controller doing 4k/60

How do product r and d at companies not have people on building that? Quantum dot has almost none of the problems of oled… And many of the same benefits.

Is Quantum Dot from Samsung? So yoiu’re saying I should get a Samsung 4k QLED TV instead of this Dell 55" OLED 120hz?

No the TV’s have gimped inputs sadly