Asrock X570d4u, x570d4u-2L2T discussion thread

WTF. I received the UPS e-Mail like yesterday evening and it was delivered this morning. Because of the uncertainty of the delivery I’m ordering the rest of the parts for my home server build. But I’m sooo relieved this wait is finally over.

Congratulations.
My UPS service point has suddenly decided to close its doors.
Thus UPS redirects the parcel to my home address. Still waiting for today’s delivery.

Which CPU are you using on your board?

Is anybody out there who runs an 4750G?

@indigital I am ordering a 2700X because of costs. The 4750G is like 60€ more expensive than a 3800X which I would liked to have bought.

Uhhh just wondering the 2700X isn’t mentioned anywhere in the CPU support list and manual. Will it still work? It should because of it being X570 but the only listed compatible ones are Matisse/Picasso. Is this a reason for panic?

Could someone please check how many connectors (SATA etc) is blocked if a 2 slot or wider GPU is mounted in the bottom PCIe slot?

i actually spoke to the asrock support the one in the Asia , they said the 2000 series ryzen should work with the board.

but you are on your own regarding any issues as the support isn’t “official” atleast thats what they told me.

i’ll receive my board soon so i’ll test it and post it here as my friend do have a 2000 series ryzen so i’ll borrow his chip and do a thorough testing.

hope it helps.

2 Likes

The 4750G seems to on a level with the 3700X with regards to performance, but with about 10 Watt less in idle and average usage scenarios.
I would however wait until the 5600X shows up and reviews depict its power consumption.
Rumors say that a 5700(X) will come?

Got my board, finally.

Are there news if the now released 5600X and higher CPUs are compatible with the mainboard with the BIOS version it was delivered?

Nothing as yet on the Asrock Rack product page which is what I’ve been waiting on before ordering a 5950X.

Probably best to open a support ticket with Asrock Rack as you may get an updated BIOS quicker than waiting for it to appear on their website product page.

Could the BIOS be flashed/updated without a CPU being present?

Is not clear at the moment as nothing about ‘USB BIOS Flashback’ is mentioned in the manual.

Maybe you can use a 5000 series CPU for it to work sufficiently to enter the BIOS and flash from there. Best to check with Asrock Rack to get their official line on the correct process. At the moment they could say they don’t support Ryzen 5000 series as it’s not on their CPU support list. It would be interesting to know whether they are planning to add Ryzen 5000 series to that support list and whether it will work with an already shipped motherboard that has an older BIOS, at least initially to facilitate access to reflash.

It should work via the IPMI, but I don’t have the board so I can’t say for sure.

so it’s finally starting to ship. looks like a few of have received it

I received my X570D4U boards last week. I have yet to get my hands on Zen 3 but this is what I received from ARR this morning regarding BIOS support:

"Thank you for reaching out to us for support! AMD has distributed the APK to OEM, but BIOS to support Ryzen 5000 series CPU is still under development at this moment. The beta version should be available in shortly a few weeks. Please reach out to me again from time to time to get the BIOS. If it would be available, I will provide it to you. Thank you!

Best Regards,"

1 Like

is zen 3 even on the support list? i dind’t see any 4000 or 5000 chips listed , at least no on the mitx x570 version

Literally one post above you :thinking:

1 Like

Guys, I cannot find in the manual which M.2 port is directly connected to a CPU. It is M2_1 or M2_2?

It should be M2_1 that connects to the CPU.

The specifications page lists the following:
1 M-key (PCIe4.0* x4 or SATA 6Gb/s); Form factor: 22110/2280/2260/2242 [CPU]
1 M-key (PCIe4.0* x4 or SATA 6Gb/s); Form factor: 2280/2260/2242 [X570]

And the manual on page 9 states the following:
M.2 Socket (M2_2) (Type 2242 / 2260 / 2280)
M.2 Socket (M2_1) (Type 2242 / 2260 / 2280 / 22110)

3 Likes

On a completely different note, I sent a support ticket in to ASRock Rack today and enquired about 4th gen Ryzen support for the motherboard. The following was their response:

Our BIOS RD team is still checking it, and once we get any news will let you know. We are checking the possibilities.

2 Likes