Asrock X570d4u, x570d4u-2L2T discussion thread

Hello,

I plan to buy this board paired with a ryzen 5950x, but I worry about cooling…

I contacted Noctua support and they told me the NH-U9S would be the biggest cooler which should be compatible with this board.

Due to the socket orientation, the fans of NH-D15(S) and many others would blow perpendicularly to the intended air flow (so from CPU to RAM slots instead of from CPU to rear panel I/O).

So what kind of cooling/cooler do you use / plan on using ?

It looks like Provantage doesn’t expect to see any stock for this motherboard for the next 1-2 months. They even took down the pre-order listing, and they told me it’s not being relisted until they get completely stocked.

Newegg has a page up but it went from Auto-Notify to just Out of Stock.

Does anyone know where in the USA one is available to either pre-order or purchase outright?

Amazon

Im in the process of building 4 vsan nodes with this motherboard and the 5900x which i think is enough cores for me.
I will use supermicro 2U or In-Win cases and i will buy this heatsinks for the 4 servers

Each server will have
1 x 375gb optane m2
4 x Samsung sas 1tb pm1643
128 gb Samsung Ecc udimm
1 x Lsi 3008 Hba
1 x Satadom

I know the 5000 series isn’t supported yet but from what i read it will be supported so i hope till Christmas when i have all the parts it will be ok.

Where at on Amazon? I could find the X470 motherboards but not the X570D4U-2L2T.

My bad. I assumed wrong the thread was talking about X470 being able to use Ryzen 5000’s. I bought both 470/570 from ProVantage and after seeing Amazon prices will wait next time and avoid all of this pre order scalping nonsense.

Cheerz

The beta version bios is now available on Asrock Rack product pages, adding support for Ryzen 5000 series CPU’s…

X570D4U
https://www.asrockrack.com/general/productdetail.asp?Model=X570D4U#Download

X570D4U-2L2T
https://www.asrockrack.com/general/productdetail.asp?Model=X570D4U-2L2T#Download

2 Likes

Thanks!

That’s nice, hopefully it will become stable soon enough.
I really hope that they are going to add a way to choose if the IPMI port is dedicated without failover to another port.

It was apparently in stock on Newegg for all about 20 minutes and I missed it.

Called about the X570D4U-2L2T availability in the US. William said that there is over 200 in stock in their warehouse. He told me to give ASI and Ma Labs a call to see if they could get me one. They’re more for large companies so I might just wait till they come to Amazon or Newegg. The fact that there is a lot already in the country hopefully means it won’t be long before I can order one.

EDIT: George from the Sales department said it should be up on Newegg and is working with them to get it available to purchase. Hopefully very soon.

Does somebody know if the initial BIOS of the board comes with AGESA 1.0.8.0?
I’m asking this because the said version number would afaik allow the board’s ootb boot up with a 5xxx cpu.

Does this board respect the keep out zone? I have a the x470 predecessor, and it’s great except that noctua’s low profile cooler NH-L9a-AM4 interferes with the memory slots.

Need to know if I should go for 2 larger dimms or 4 smaller dimms.

Just comparing pictures of the X470 version and the X570 version, the X570 version appears to have significantly more distance between the CPU socket and the nearest RAM slot.

Also, be aware that the backplate is most likely glued/taped onto the back of the motherboard.

1 Like

Got an email from Meg:

“ We have sufficient stock of X570D4U-2L2T to fulfill all disti partner ASI and Ma Labs, and e-commerce New Egg.

Our official disti partner ASI serve Provantage and Ma Labs serve Amazon.

Please help to reach out to your prefer reseller/retailer for ordering process and we’ll fulfill them as soon as available.”

I was lucky enough to get one from newegg when they were in stock and received the board yesterday. I have not tried to fit a cooler yet (waiting for a 5900 to be in stock) but from what I can tell the wraith prism cooler should fit without interfering with the ram slots. I will throw a stick of ram in it later and try to simulate actually fitting the cooler and update the post.

1 Like

I installed a piece of Crucial Ballistix Sport LT ram in the slot closest to the CPU socket and “simulated” installing the wraith prism cooler and the ram does clear the cooler but it is close (3 to 5 mm gap). I think RAM with tall heatsinks might come in contact with the fan on the wraith as it does overhang the top of the metal portion of the cooler ever so slightly.

1 Like

Whew, they were back in stock and sold out before I could even post a heads up. Managed to snag the 2L2T.

Yeah, I couldn’t even get it in the cart before it sold out. I’m thinking I might just wait till it shows up on Provantage or Amazon in a month or two. Apparently, it’s just too hot of an item right now. I couldn’t even do my build anytime soon because the Ryzen 5 5600X is just as elusive.

Once you get the 5900X, can you let us know if it boots without needing the BIOS update right away? I’m interested to see if there is anything special I’ll need to do to get a 5600X up and running. I know the Beta BIOS is out but I’m not sure if the CPU needs to be the in socket so you can update the BIOS.