Asrock X570d4u, x570d4u-2L2T discussion thread

Has anyone had any luck updating to the BIOS 1.57? Since I’ve done so, there are two issues:

1. I can’t switch DRAM over to manual. Even leaving it at 2666 MT/s (1333 Mhz), the moment I switch to manual timing, the board no longer boots.
  2. At every fresh boot, there is a BIOS message about sending the configuration to the OData server??? It looks like it’s successfully connecting as well (because after second boot, it says it’s reading BIOS configuration from the OData server).

I’ve reached out to Asrock support, and I’m trying to downgrade in the meantime

1 Like

Can’t help on the memory overclocking. My experience was a no boot system anytime I took the memory off Auto.

Sounds like the new BIOS implemented the Redfish IPMI gui which is what is printing the OData server messages at boot.

All normal. And there is no concern where you might think the “OData” server is some server external to your host. It is actually connecting to the internal server in the BMC, all normal stuff.

Just have to put up with a longer boot sequence to get access to the much more complex and powerful Redfish gui interface. Much more capable than the previous BMC interface.

1 Like

Anyone?

That’s all very comforting. I’ve downgraded for for now, but perhaps I’ll learn something from Asrock support.

As to Redfish GUI, are you just referring to the web bios in the IPMI interface? I find that it is much less complete than the boot-level BIOS (missing all of the AMD specific tools, like PCIe bifurcation, choice of boot GPU, etc.). It also has problems with double-entries (two menu entries each for advanced, security, boot, and exit, which each contain some of the options). Or is there some sort of app-based version of the GUI as well?

As to powertop usage, I have a 5950X running proxmox, and I ran powertop on the host, and it had 99.8% in C2.

Thanks!

I did some research since posting the original question and came to the - tentative - conclusion that support for C-states may not be coming until AGESA 1207 is supported in the BIOS. The current release BIOS only supports AGESA 1202.

There’s a beta BIOS with AGESA 1.2.0.7, you just have to click into Download then Beta Zone on the board page.

Yes, I’m aware of that but a bit reluctant to install a beta BIOS. I’ve searched the web but can’t find any experience with this version.

I did a quick survey of the Ryzen 3000/5000 systems running Linux that I have access to and nothing goes deeper than C2.

Thanks for confirming this.

As to the latest beta BIOS, as we’ve been discussing, you can’t use manually clocked DRAM, but other than that it seems to work just fine.

1 Like

No I was referring to the IPMI gui interface. Not the BIOS.
I don’t have any reference to the x470 motherboard, only the Epyc mobos. The Redfish gui interface showed up on the Milan BMC F/W upgrade which threw me as it was very different than the IPMI/BMC interface I started with on the mobo.

Ah… for 1.57 it’s just a BIOS update, no change to the BMC firmware, so we have the interface we’ve always had. The main difference is that the web-based BIOS starts to work.

It looks like the web-based BIOS is just based on the BIOS uploading a set of screen information and current settings to the BMC, which then simulates the menus, and on reboot returns any updated values to the BIOS (which is itself saving and re-reading values from the BMC)

Sounds correct. But still is a time-saver using the web based BIOS interface in the IPMI that allows you to check your BIOS settings without having to drop out of production just to look at the BIOS menus. I still prefer using the direct BIOS menus if I intend to do much mucking around in there.

Has anyone tried using Kingston’s “KSM26ED8/32ME” RAM with this motherboard?
I saw on the ASRock’s website that Memory QVL has a list that contains both “KSM26ED8/16ME” and “KSM32ED8/32ME”, but I currently have 4 sticks of “KSM26ED8/32ME” that is kind of in the middle - it is 2666 MT/s, but in 32GB form factor.
I’d really like to confirm that these 4 sticks work on this mobo before purchasing it.

I started out using 4 sticks of KSM26ED8/32ME DRAM on mine. I was getting errors pretty consistently. It may have been one bad stick. I never confirmed that. I ended up switching out to the KSM32ED8/32ME sticks that are on the QVL for this board and have not had a problem since. I should note that I run the KSM32ED8/32ME at 2666. At 3200 it was not stable, but that is the fault of the board, not the RAM. There is much discussion on this further up in this thread.

If you already own KSM26ED8/32ME why not try it out. Maybe yours will be fine.

2 Likes

Did anyone ever figure this out? My CPU (Ryzen 3600 on a X570D4U-2L2T) temp is also pegged at 100 C even after updating to kernel 5.19.14

Thanks for the information.
I already own 4 sticks of “KSM26ED8/32ME”, but I still haven’t pulled the tigger on the motherboard purchase. It is currently over 700€ (if you can even find it) in Europe, so I would really like to know if these RAM sticks will work with it. :slight_smile:

Has there been any (un)official news on when we might expect the next BIOS/BMC update?

Tomorrow, it will have been 5 months since the last beta BIOS release.

I’ve got some questions for anyone here running Linux on this board. I’ve been having terrible NVME issues on this board, and I’ve just figured out that they all go away if you switch to software iommu. (iommu=soft kernel parameter)

Has anyone else had issues? Anyone else tinkered with the iommu settings in BIOS?