Asrock X570d4u, x570d4u-2L2T discussion thread

I never change a running system, so I never plugged the CPU out. All running fine and well. My RAM was immediately detected and BIOS set 2666 MT/S and I never had any problems. Well, 3200 “overclock” didn’t really work for me but that really was the only hiccup I encountered.

I also never ran the board without all 4 DIMM slots being populated so I don’t know what the temp sensors do when they are empty. I have a cloud running and can’t afford to tinker and change things that often. My baby is in full production and will run until the AIO,PSU or some fans die :slight_smile:

Does anybody a site where ASRock X570D4U-2L2T is still available? Apparently, there is a big shortage of 10Gb NICs and that is why it is out of stock almost everywhere. I only found it on a couple of Dutch sites, but the only country they ship besides Netherlands is Belgium.

Didn’t realize this was happening, but it doesn’t surprise me. It’s kind of buried on their website right now, too. It’s still there, but you pretty much have to know the model number and google it.

In case anyone is interested, here is the information I got through a vendor:

“As informed before, Intel 10G LAN controller is in terribly shortage now, so we can’t offer X570D4U-2L2T now because it’s w/ Intel 10G LAN on board.

We will launch a new motherboard called “X570D4U-2L2T/BCM” which is w/ Broadcom 10G LAN on board.

This new motherboard is still under developing stage, we might have some samples available around October.”

How do Broadcom’s NICs compare to Intel’s NICs?

Intel is usually the go-to if you want compatibility. Broadcom may not have some features, but I’m running a quad Gbit card with broadcom chip and everything is running fine and well in Proxmox, TrueNAS or PfSense. So I didn’t experience lacking Linux and FreeBSD support. 10G chips may be different, so better double check. Otherwise 10G are 10G once everything is running.
Having all 4 NICs from Intel always felt a bit of luxury if you compare it to basically any other board.
If buying today, I would certainly get that /BCM version. Having 10G is more important than having Intel. And there aren’t really alternatives if you want the feature set of this board.

Thank you for your reply. It is good to know that Broadcom NICs play nice with Proxmox since I plan this board for that OS.

I only have experience with 1G NICs. But Broadcom is a large corporation that does mostly server hardware. And most servers run Linux.

But I’m glad to have a Collectors Edition board, now that AsRock is sourcing Broadcom chips for a new board. I bet they didn’t expect those high demands on x470D4U and x570D4U when they were designing them. I’m eager to see a future x670D4U. Great boards.

I got the info from Asrock aswell. Along with a PDF with all revised boards.
New Launch_20220810.zip (2.5 MB)

1 Like