Asrock X570d4u, x570d4u-2L2T discussion thread

I spoke too soon. Heavy disk usage works just fine, but I’m still seeing things in the log… Might be related to some automatic suspend behaviour in gnome… digging further

My first question would be do you have the link speed set appropriately for whatever Generation PCIe speed the NVMe stick is capable.

Actually, it turns out it was my mistake (well, sort of). The kernel parameter for disabling aspm is pcie_aspm=off, and I accidentally left out the e. When I realized that, I removed the iommu=soft parameter and that solve it. So it’s just a problem with the NVME drive I have…

I’ve got a spare one if you’re still in the market, PM me.

This thread is pure gold, thank you so much to everyone sharing their configs and experiences.

Just wanted to chime in and confirm my findings - people here prefer to follow the QVL list and get the KSM32ED8/32ME, and see it stable at 2933Mhz? 3200Mhz seems unstable and other RAM sticks can outright spam ECC errors, as far as I understand? What about MTA18ASF4G72AZ-3G2F1ZI? It’s a bit cheaper and more readily available but I couldn’t find anyone using it? It’s the Micron 32GB 3200MHz ECC Unbuffered DDR4 Server Memory stick.

Also, X570D4U-2L2T/BCM seems to still being in Preliminary state with no exact release date, so if anyone has a spare X570D4U-2L2T (preferrable in the UK) I’d be happy to take it off your hands!

I’m trying to optimize power usage of my X570D4U/3700X system. When changing the Global C-state Control from AUTO to ENABLED, I would expect power usage not to increase and preferably decrease but it doesn’t.

• AUTO: 35.0W
  • ENABLED: 38.4W

Can anyone explain why this is so?

BIOS 1.50 and BMC 01.39.00 were finally posted a few days ago for the D4U. Has anyone pulled the trigger on updating yet?

https://www.asrockrack.com/general/productdetail.asp?Model=X570D4U#Download

Wait a minute. What’s the difference with this one?

Do I need to start having buyer’s remorse for owning the older variant, or can I put that off?

@TripleZ Great news on the D4U BIOS/BMC.
Hope we’ll get the update for the 2L2T variant, soon. :slight_smile:

I think the same updates are also live for the 2L2T variant - posted same day.

https://www.asrockrack.com/general/productdetail.asp?Model=X570D4I-2T#Download

Oh, that’s just a version of the 2L2T but with a broadcomm 10Gb BCM57416 NIC instead of the Intel X550-AT2, I believe due to severe shortage of the Intel chips

If anything you should feel lucky because you’ve snatched a superior chipset :slight_smile: :wink:

I installed both updates via the IPMI GUI without any problems. Only difference I could notice is dat the MIN power was reduced by 0.6W to 32.6W.

If anything you should feel lucky because you’ve snatched a superior chipset :slight_smile: :wink:

I’m … winning at server gear? What is is magic?! :stuck_out_tongue:

@TripleZ I just checked again, here: https://www.asrockrack.com/general/productdetail.asp?Model=X570D4U-2L2T#Download

It’s not showing up for me there. I tried clearing the cache…

@johntdavis I checked again and I don’t see it as well. I must’ve been mistaken or they pulled it (extremely unlikely…probably me just seeing ghosts). Sorry for the false alarm.

No worries. Though I do wish they’d push an update soon. It would help me with some current troubleshooting, I think…

Do you use IOMMU? The beta I tried in July broke IOMMU support, or at least caused xcp-ng to not be able to boot (even after fresh install) with IOMMU enabled. Had to downgrade. Tried the beta because not all SATA drives were reporting present in the BIOS, even though an OS could see them.

From what I read in this thread, you can use the ASRock Rack X570D4U with TrueNAS, but I’m not sure about eco mode. How do you enable that through the UEFI or TrueNAS?

Considering Asrock handed out lab firmwares with Remote BIOS enabled, you’d figure it’d work in the recent 1.50 release. Alas it don’t. What the hell, Asrock?

1 Like

I have a x570D4U and a 5950x on the way next week sometime but I have concerns it will have older bios and I will have fun upgrading so it will support the newer CPU. Anyone have any feedback on what to expect I would appreciate it.

1. hook up ipmi interface to network, ensure you have dhcp running and accessible
  2. power on your motherboard (connecting it to power should do it, not the power button)
  3. check dhcp leases for your motherboard’s IPMI/BMC device
  4. login to the web interface with default credentials and update them, and then update the bios using it

No CPU required. It’s not too difficult, in my opinion.

Alternatively to #3 you can grab the MAC address for the IPMI interface from the motherboard box (or the board itself) and create a static reservation in your DHCP server for it

1 Like

I’m running proxmox on my system with TrueNAS in a VM. I enabled eco mode via the BIOS. Admittedly, I have not checked to see if the power consumption changed. But it IS enabled!

1 Like