Asrock X570d4u, x570d4u-2L2T discussion thread

I could not say for sure. The NH-D9L I have uses 92mm fans while the NH-U12S uses 120mm, it is larger. On Noctua’s site there are compatibility lists by motherboard. It shows this board, but you will see there is a caveat for the NH-U12S on this board, although I am not sure exactly what it means.

I am using all 4 DRAM slots, no problem for my cooler. Do not know about the u12s though. The U12S is 125mm wide if oriented front to back. If you have the board in hand you should be able to measure if that clears the first RAM slot. With 2 fans it is about 97mm front to back. Noctua’s site has a lot of information.

I actually haven’t received my board yet , I have however bought many other components like drives, case, cooler, PSU and CPU in anticipation for the build.

but due to various reasons (pandemic and shitty asrock reseller in my country) haven’t received the board yet.

so was just pondering if the cooler would be compatible as my cooler is still in replacement period i could get a AIO or some other cooler so just wanted to know that.

i’ll try to measure the cooler with 2 fans attached would you be kind enough to check for clearance if I provide you the measurement?

1 Like

Mine is racked and running at this time so not easy to get to. I have some work scheduled in the rack some time in the next two weeks where I can get to it and make a measurement. Unless someone else can take a measurement from the center of the CPU socket to the first RAM stick for you. All other directions you should be fine with the U12S.

Sure no problem , my board isn’t arriving anytime soon either atleast not before 7th June anyways.

I’ll post the measurement of the cooler on the thread.

Please do post the measurements when you get the opportunity to measure it as per your convenience.

Hi. I hope this is an appropriate place to ask. If not please advise and I’ll happy repost where instructed.

Question

I have an X570D4U-2L2T motherboard with a Ryzen 5600x and am running Ubuntu 21.04.

Can the community advise how I might use ipmitool or ipmiutil to control the fan speeds – either to set a constant value or to set a curve?

Thanks in advance.

For mine, in the ipmi web interface I went to settings, fan control, and configured closed loop settings for ramp up/down. Then went to fan mode and under set fan control mode checked customized for the fans I wanted to use my closed loop profile. Other fans I checked manual and then set percentages in the fan duty manual table above. You can configure multiple open or closed loop profiles and assign them to several or individual fans or just stick with manual and set percentages for constant speed. Under temperature sensor and corresponding fan table you can select which sensor you associate with which control table and which fan. This type of setup was new to me, but some googling on open loop and closed loop configs made it clear. Manual and fixed duty percent is simple though.

Thank you for the detailed reply eestes3.

Yes indeed I have tried exactly what you describe. It does not seem to have made much difference. If you have the time to pursue this, would it be possible for you to post screenshots of the relevant tables and associations? Perhaps I have been missing an override switch somewhere.

Hi guys, so I posted a little higher up with IPMI/bios flashing problems - now resolved through replaced motherboard, now the non-10Gb version (only one that’s available anywhere).

Wired everything up yesterday and looks ok so far with 5950x and 128GB ECC Ram from the QVL.

Two questions;

1. Memory runs at reported 2666MHz despite being spec’d at 3200MHz on the qvl. Do I need to force the clock speed to 1600MHz in bios to get it up to full speed? Odd that it doesn’t auto detect when it’s one of the (few) officially tested and supported configurations.

2. Cpu temp and fans. Cpu temp in the “sensors” page of IPMI reports approx 60C at idle which seems a little high? Also, are there any best practices available on using open and closed loop tables and relative to the various sensors available? Default settings seem to be to run all fans moderately high (but I still get quite high CPU temps as mentioned).

The case is a spacious and well ventilated Fractal Design Meshify with 4 case fans, and a Noctua NH-U14S CPU fan which is a bit of a beast and should be plenty for 105W CPU.

1. See Manual, 4 Bank Dualrank max 2666
    Unbenannt
  2. i do not know becouse i have a 3700x at 40°C with a NH-U9S.

Do I need to force the clock speed

You may try to enter it manually, sometimes it works. Though best results are achieved when only 2 slots are populated.

CPU fan which is a bit of a beast and should be plenty for 105W CPU.

Who in the world told you this is a 105W CPU? Lol, even in stock it can easily draw 160+w (directly measured), “105W” on the box is a “TDP” which does not mean a crap for modern CPUs (be it intel or amd)… To get it under 105W you should restrict its voltage or frequency or both.

Without limits I’ve seen 5950x dissipating 320W and maybe even more.

Thanks. Yes fair enough. Note however that I wrote “at idle”. But yeah I’ve seen those sort of numbers too, e.g. here https://www.kitguru.net/components/cpu/luke-hill/amd-ryzen-9-5950x-zen-3-cpu-review/17/

NB I won’t be I overclocking this as a it’s a server so stability more important than squeezing the last percentages out of it. 5950x should already be plenty (replacing an older Xeon).

I guess that also means running the memory at 2666MHz - had missed that part in the (largely useless imho) manual.

For a ~105W dissipation you can settle at something like 4000MHz @ 1.1v. It may blow past 105-110W only on heaviest prime95 loads at these settings

1 Like

Thanks. I noticed that after installing and booting an os (proxmox 7) the CPU temp actually settled back to mid 30s C. So it must not have been so “idle” after all in the bios and boot screens.

When I torture tested it, I got cpu temps up to mid 70s and ram 45-50. The chipset runs at 45-60 C.

Quite happy so far. The Proxmox 7 / Ryzen 5950x combo absolutely screams.

Did it work with 2700x ?

No.

https://www.asrockrack.com/general/productdetail.asp?Model=X570D4U#CPU

1 Like

That was not the question that was posed. The question was not whether it is on the list or if it’s validated/supported, the question was whether it works.

2 Likes

The boards are back in Newegg this week.

I contacted ASRock who responded immediately about inquiries into the Xtended B550 Mini ITX.

She (I believe) informed me of a shipment of new X570s that will support the upcoming 5700G/5750 Pro APUs.

I think I’ll join the crowd here, as the B550 won’t be out until years end.

Dual M.2s sitting horizontally under 3 x Supermicro barrel fans is nice. Otherwise I won’t use them as they throttle down unless direct cooling is used. At least for the streaming experiences I’ve had.

My old ASRock H97M WS/Z97M WS 1Us have served me over the years well.

Very satisfied using ASRock Rack boards.

Cheerz

Hi there,
I recently bought x570d4u for my home Proxmox server. Yeah I spent some time trying to understand how it works and why I can’t connect to remote control over IPMI with installed Nvidia card :smiley: . But now most of the things are working properly (except IPMI UI :smiley: ). I have only one concern right now: POST is taking too long… In particular “pci bus enumeration” takes about 2 minutes … Is it supposed to be like that?

Has anyone succeeded in getting a total of 12 SATA ports on the 2L2T with the help of a M.2-SAS-Adapter and a fitting SAS-SATA-Breakout cable (for example: ASRock Rack > M2U2-HD).
I would like to connect 4 SATA-HDDs to these extra ports.

Why would you buy a server motherboard at a premium and put an old, unsupported cpu in it?