ASRock X570D4I-2T

Oh, those are pricey nics. I’ve never gone looking for that type, so it makes sense.

Hopefully this MB (unofficially) supports 128GB… hence it makes sense to buy 32GB SODIMMs, but has anyone seen those sold anywhere ? I’m trying to find “M474A4G43MB1-CTDQ” with no luck so far…

Btw, provantage lists this MB for $413 now.

I’m more curious if the x16 slot will support bitrifucation like the mATX x470 board.

https://www.asrockrack.com/general/productdetail.asp?Model=X470D4U2-2T#Specifications

Looking at the x470 board, it has 32gb dimms on the qvl, says it will support up to 64gb dimms. The manual gives a table of supported # of modules, frequency, and rank for the pinnacale ridge series ryzen cpus.

The x570 board doesn’t have quite as much information, maybe we’ll get more when it comes out?

There is also the Epic embeded mATX boards. The EPYC3251D4I-2T supports up to 256gbs of ram via 4x 64gb ECC RDIMMS that in a quick search I was able to find in stock.
Slower CPU though…

I’m curious what the x570 mATX board will look like, but I don’t know if I’ll be able to wait that long.

NewEgg had them in stock a couple of days ago for $459.

Temporarily out of stock again…

I can’t wait for the mATX version.
Can’t take a chance on PCI Bifurcation or the capability of the ASPEED Chip being a sufficient 2D monitoring solution.

But have several ASRock Rack mATX Z97/H97/C242 1U builds.
Very stable, 100%, very loud from Supermicro Barrel fans.

These are very niche boards but I really beat the crap out of my rigs, drag them every where.
I won’t look elsewhere for a board until I get a Lemon.
So far ZERO hassles.

1 Like

Wow, it will be great if it comes with 2 NVMe slots. Admittedly, RRP of $400+ does seem very high for an itx mobo.

I have to say I’m not super impressed by ASRock support concerning this MB.

Firstly I asked them if they knew where I could buy “M474A4G43MB1-CTDQ” ram bricks (32GB ECC), since it’s listed as officially supported - they had no idea.

Then I asked if there is any chance 128GB ram would be supported (since it supports 32GB bricks) - got a reply that no: “The board will support max 64 GB. This is a hardware requirement”. However recently they updated MB specs on their website and now it does officially support 128 GB.

Then reading the manual about CPU heatsinks I noticed this: “Only LGA115x CPU heatsink is supported”. So… CPU socket is AM4 but heatsink must be LGA115x ? wat ? Wrote to support again if they could confirm that and that’s the exact reply I got:

"Just checked on a board here.

An LGA1151x cooler will fit but you need to take those with screws instead of locking mechanism like intel. The board has a backplate mounted."

Sigh…

The X570D4U-2L2T just went up for Pre-Order on Provantage!

https://www.provantage.com/asrock-x570d4u-2l2t~7ASRI0C2.htm

Still no info page on ASRock Rack website though. Although, I really don’t need to switch from my E-2278G, this motherboard might cause me to make the jump to Team Red…if it doesn’t have all the bugs that the X470D4U had when it launched.

1 Like

I tried to order one of these in the egg but it went out of stock too fast.

Even if the pcie slot doesn’t support bifurcation you can get an add-on card with a plx bridge and that’ll work fine. It’s just finding them and waiting a month for it to come from ali express.

Even a pcie 1 interface will work fine for a gpu used for transcoding and that kind of tasks. Otherwise you don’t even really need the gpu b/c onboard aspeed vga

2 Likes

I hope it will come with the oculink cables

I picked up the " IO CREST U.2 Ports to PCIe 3.0 x8 Bifurcation Riser Controller SFF-8643 to SFF-8639" which are still listed on amazon and available with prime shipping.

When you say 2d monitoring solution what exactly are you hoping to monitor?

I’ve got two of the x399d8a-2t motherboards running at work, we mainly use the onboard graphics for remote management now, but when I was testing them out when the first arrived we used the on board vga port, running off the aspeed chip, never had any problems.

I’d be very surprised if they weren’t adequate for your needs, from what I’d understand a 2d monitoring solution to be.

1 Like

Basically GUI’s based on the look of a Mixing console.
Strictly for viewing during a live performance, then occasional faders or knobs of the GUI need manual adjustment.

The most basic of 2D needs with vibrant colors that don’t change.

Thanks for answering me.
I’ve asked this question for months in preparation of using an AMD Ryzen Vermeer and the X570 mATX from ASRock due out by years end.

I have to use a 1U Supermicro Chassis so the idea of an PCI-e audio connector card and a GFX card in that small space makes the build risky.

ASPEED AT2500 chips come with different sizes of RAM, so 16MBs makes me nervous, as I remember my ancient AGP 8X Matrox with 16MBs barely held it’s own.

I’m going to go for it.
Worst case scenario is I buy a larger chassis like a 2U.

Cheerz

That’s fantastic news! Ideally this is the board I really wanted, alas I continue to wait… I asked Meg from ASRock Rack, she says its still slated for Q3 2020, but still no info or ETA on info/press release. I guess Q3 2020 as well? Haha.

I actually purchased the X570D4L-2T from Newegg. One of the sodimm slots was damaged and had to RMA. They didn’t have a replacement so I ended up with a refund. Thankfully I didn’t purchase any sodimm ECC memory (because I couldn’t find any on the supported list that were available for purchase…).

2020 is so not the year, for many obvious reasons.
I think once the X570D4U-2L2T is released, its probably not what I expected, based on how everything is going…

By the way, there is no way to mount Noctua heatsinks with the included mounting kit (since mounting holes on the MB are threaded). So to mount NH-D15S on X570D4L-2T I had to buy M3x20 screws.

My X570D4L-2T works fine. The only “issue” is pulsing fan speeds (between 700 and 1000 rpm) and I found no information how to control fan speeds in bios or manual.

5 Likes

Congrats on getting one. I missed the NewEgg window [and couldn’t justify the purchase anyway].

I thought this board worked with Intel coolers… did you try the [Noctua] Intel mounting hardware…

Yeah, I ordered this MB more then 2 months ago…

I did try Intel mounting hardware, since the manual says “Only LGA115x CPU heatsink is supported”…

However Noctuas LGA115x backplate screws are too thick for the mounting holes on the MB. And those holes are threaded while Noctuas LGA115x backplate expect holes not be threaded. So after some measuring with a caliper I bought M3x20 screws which worked just fine.

It all worked out in the end, but the whole thing with heatsink mount is weird.

2 Likes

Will a Dynatron L3 Fit on it? https://www.dynatron.co/product-page/l3
It says it fits LGA115x.

Yes, the L3 fits the AMD AM4 socket with the optional AM4 mount (you can buy from dynatron directly).

I don’t think i’d even need it, as this board’s mounting plate is LGA 115x despite having an AM4 socket.

Bought the L3 when it first became available. Wouldn’t fit in a 1U Supermicro CFE-512 chassis.
No biggie, I turn the triple barrel fans on 100%. Hoover Vacuum Cleaner can’t compete.