Anime Culture Club

2 Likes

got a new trailer

3 Likes

new overlord trailer and today found out only episode one is airing this july >_< the rest waiting till winter

Sounded interesting might give it a read

1 Like

Read the manga, pretty funny

1 Like

I bought a new album the other day from cdjapan. Kind of wish I would have bought more cd because shipping was almost the cost of the cd.

3 Likes

Is it a coincidence that Netflix summons Dark Schneider right after they’ve updated their “culture” policy?

For those who are looking for something a little different this season, I would recommend giving Yurei Deco a try if you’re into alternative art styles and storytelling, but don’t mind mediocre production values. I saw a random comment somewhere that someone involved with Listeners is also working on this one, so that should help temper your expectations if you get what I mean. I’m all-in though as not much else has piqued my interest this season.

Another overlooked standout has to be Kami Kazu Idol for obvious reasons, but it’s probably not what you think it is once you hear the synopsis. An uninspired male idol is about to be fired but meets the ghost of a girl idol and allows her to possess him so he doesn’t have to work hard. Anyone who enjoyed workplace comedies akin to Uramichi Onisan should definitely give this a chance as well.

So what are your picks for this season?

I’m watching

• Papa bones (AKA Overlord)
  • Hoshi no Samidare/Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer (its about time this got an animation!)
  • Made in Abyss (RIP Humanity/Sanity Points)
  • Isekai Ojisan (loving the SEGA references)
  • Yofukashi no Uta (I like the manga. Loving the art style and colors)
1 Like

I’m also watching Samidare and Isekai Ojisan, still not 100% on the former but I like the manga panel feel to the latter and the comedy is on-point as well.

There’s also a third pharmacy/isekai pharmacy anime this season that will probably turn out to be just as generic as to be expected, but still digestible junk food for anyone into that sort of thing (myself included).

Other than that I only have two holdovers from last season and both are sports anime. Ao Ashi gives off huge Daiya no Ace vibes and I’m all aboard that particular hype train, but I would say to give Love All Play a pass and go for Ryman’s instead or even the tragically shortened Hoshiai no Sora if you want something more school-aged.

The last one is a loose Aoki Densetsu Shoot sequel called Shoot! Goal to the Future, and while I’m not sure what the original was like, this one is leaning very heavily to the shoujo style of sports anime including lots of bait and I can’t help but to watch and enjoy. I have the same weakness to trashy/campy otome anime as well.

1 Like

isekai pharmacy anime

Oh that one. I’ve watched the first episode and managed to fill my isekai bingo card. Doesn’t look that bad as far as generic isekai does so I’ll be giving the 3 episode rule treatment. I kinda liked the character design of the mentor girl that freaked out.

2 Likes

I still have not watched an anime since a long time and my to watch list has so much stuff. So much thing to do. But I saw that and I want to see it when it comes out. The song sounds like a banger.

2 Likes

Yeah, it does give off a really nice feel!
I tend to forget about films because of the gaps between first announcements, cinema release and then DB release(/rips).

1 Like

youtube has some great recommendations all of a sudden after trying to fee me the worst anime shit.

guy literally cant speak half the words in english but somehow got a english speaking role

1 Like

I actually watched that one as it aired without any prior Muv-Luv franchise experience. The beginning had some time leap themes that I thought were really interesting but that only lasted a couple episodes and then things devolved into the stereotypical mecha tropes. I finished it though and I would also watch any sequels that come out.

Not watching anything new anime at the moment. However I am rewatching a few:
Yu Yu Hakusho - Just finished this. Still a really great anime.
Fate Zero - once I finish the rewatch I am going to rewatch Faty Stay Unlimited Blade Works

I did watch Kino Can’t Communicate on Netflix, I like the anime and hope we do get more cause the manga is pretty fun.

1 Like

F

1 Like

chainsaw man got another trailer thats a bit more meat and potatoes not just action scenes and stills

tower of god season two hype

and finally a new mob season

2 Likes

https://anilist.co/manga/86551/Made-in-Abyss/
Saw an episode on adult swim, the episode and synopsis looked interesting

2 Likes