• More anime

But which one?

• Sora yori mo Tooi Basho
  • NHK ni Youkoso!
  • Violet Evergarden
  • Yuru Camp△

0 voters

2 Likes

Welcome to the NHK is an oldie but goodie.

2 Likes

I’ve only seen NHK, so my vote doesn’t mean much.

Everybody are welcome to guide this one to the weebland. In any small way.

I’ll even vote myself, fuck it lol.

lol @SgtAwesomesauce nice vote :smiley:

2 Likes

Go watch Violet Evergarden right now

When the dub is finished. Plus I’m completely content with the feels trip that The Ancient Magus’ Bride is taking me on.

Once I finish these other 2 series I started I will watch that next then maybe a place further than the universe

1 Like

uw0t

lel

/r/oddlysatisfying/

2 Likes

What do you mean?

From what I gather, this gentleman implies your tastes are shit, sir. Clearly a man of such fine taste in anime need not to pay attention.

ed0

wat op said lel

2 Likes

Glad I can help!

1 Like

Never claimed Violet as my waifu, Zero Two is best waifu 2k18, if you know what is good for you, you’d agree with that statement.

this derp from some trash?
derp

I’ve been curious about venturing into the anime realm, but haven’t done so yet.
What makes it so appealing and keeps you coming back for more?

2 Likes

actually having ‘more’ lol

significantly less reboots/remakes

lots of different subject matters etc

seem to be able to more just do the thing, finish the story and then make something else. although there is some ‘franchises’ like gundam, dragon ball, pokemon et; where theres shitload of content endless sequels/reboots. but theres assload of shorter 1-4 season things that thats it, its the series they made it and its just done

as opposed to say american comic stuff, like batman, spiderman
cartoons like scooby doo, the flintstones, looney tunes, they seem to more just go for broke and just milk the ip all its worth and either abandon it or reboot

ex:
jokes everywhere, lots of stupid low brow body function jokes, and some social commentary, on parenting, politics, celebs etc: shin chan

hip hop/urban samurai shit: samurai champloo

weird european motorcycle racing, elite swat fighting robot/tech zombies; with weird religious shit, and shonen like powers/martial arts whatever: blassreiter

lotta weird stuff, big pool to pick from, if dont like the one your looking at theres lot of other stuff to try/look at

6 Likes

Holy shit Violet Evergarden ep 10

Felt like I have seen something similar. Not sure if from a movie or anime but Lawdy that shit hit hard

Holy shit. The emotion carries through so well. Netflix has done a great job getting voice actors that are not the same 12.
Also the soundtrack is quite nice.

Damn what a fucking trip.

1 Like

there’s a lot of things and topics that simply aren’t possible in Typical films or movies without 100+ million dollar budgets, so, anime being what it is opens a door for endless possibilities. I think that’s what the biggest attraction is for me.

6 Likes