Anime Culture Club

Is good

1 Like

Donā€™t worry about itā€¦ Iā€™m sure itā€™s fineā€¦

1 Like

Why are almost all the fuckboys in anime always blonde? Honestly since watching anime I have grown to like blonde hair less and less lmao

1 Like

maybe because most Japanese have black hair? So itā€™s cool and exotic to them? idk talking out of my ass

1 Like

Because itā€™s a stereotype of delinquents and Playboyā€™s in Japan

fuck you too

Because there is often meaning tied to hair color, like blonde to special (often in the case of girls) or rude because itā€™s tied to foreigner.

I can tell first hand that run of the mill American visitord in Japan are rude and obnoxious. Like one time I was in a train in Kyoto and there was americans that were speaking loudly (when itā€™s supposed to be calm in a train in Japan) and obnoxious and there was one unlucky Japanese in an incomfortable position as they were trying to discuss with him. I was making angry eyes at them in the case they would look at me and to say to the other Japanesed like ā€œIā€™m not one of themā€

What you blonde?

inb4 heā€™s part of the aryan weeb race. /s

3 Likes

So I finished Orange btw. I am not really good at write ups, so I guess bare with me? Or miss my gay weeb shit.

Overall I wonā€™t spoil a thing, just sharing my subjective experience. If I will spoil something, Iā€™ll hide it.

Originally gave it a 9/10, but retracted it back to 8. Overall not a bad one. Great (cept whole 3D background crowd) visuals, amazing music, good story, nice characters. The premise is cool, but imo they went to far trying to elaborate on it, more on it later.
The characters are pretty good, but I feel like as show about a group of friends some got too little attention. The pace is weird a bit, it started good, then dragged a bit, then started skipping, I am not a fan of that.

Main thing about this show is probably the feels train, both plus and minus imo. But maybe itā€™s due to the aforementioned pacing. It was like sine wave. Yey, fuuuuck, Yey, daaaamn, Nice, shiiiiet.

Again, originally gave it a higher score (7) but dropped it down to 6. Honestly you can skip this one, just watch few scenes on YouTube. Itā€™s mostly reusing old shots from the show. Showing the situation more from the perspective of one of the friends. Again I feel like some of the friends from the group didnā€™t get enough attention. Especially considering the name of film, Mirai. They barely touch the future and donā€™t show any character development. The only reason this isnā€™t a 5 is because they showed a scene with Kakeru and Naho being together 10 years later which felt like a bit of closure.

Now to the part I hated about this one, spoilers:

In the main story each friend received a letter from themselves 10 years in the future. They all regret losing a friend Kakeru, so they want their past-selves to save him. Okay, nice premise. They even poked fun about parallel worlds quantum theory interpretation which I felt was a nice touch. All of this was in the main show.

In the movie they went so overboard trying to explain it. The characters that seemed like normal people suddenly believe (but not really, but hope so) that there are black hole in the Bermuda triangle and in other places and what not. And jesusā€¦ couldnā€™t they just made it like, it was Godsā€™ will or something. Donā€™t try explain supernatural with willy-nilly physics and what-nots, it always feels dumb.

But the worst part was towards the end. Was it a dream? Is time looped? IDFK.

In conclusion, good show, meh film. If you like school drama youā€™ll probably like this one.

EDIT: I want to add that I did really enjoy the characters art style. It looks anime-ish yet bit more realistic. Idk. Seems unique yet close to home at the same time.

2 Likes

giphy%20(13)

6 Likes

Started watching Golden Kamuy. Itā€™s really, really good so far. If the manga is anything to go by, weā€™re gonna get some great reaction faces.

4 Likes

Looks memeable as fuck.

Currently on episode 10 of Zeta gundamā€¦ the combat/combat animation keeps getting better

1 Like

The /a/nons are flaming at the moment about how they CGIā€™d the bears, but itā€™s really not that bad. The story is slow but good so far. Finally, an anime that heavily involves the Ainu.

And yes. Memes galore.

Premise sounds nice.

Also, gib back Kuril clay.

Interestingā€¦ might watch it
85db6c2159cad870d390e6cf58a88e19

1 Like

Iā€™m such a simple man, I see bespectacled beauties, I like.

tumblr_muhhcrq9D11skkzf5o1_500

1 Like
4 Likes
4 Likes

Gorgeous

2 Likes