Anime Culture Club

I live in Florida so I have plenty of nice restaurants to choose from, mostly seafood ones, but nonetheless nice restaurants that aren’t your typical American diner.

There’s a casual Japanese place that just opened up down the road from me (rare around me they’re usually all upscale and expensive here) been meaning to try it.

2 Likes

Welp just started watching Gundam 00, dont know how I feel about the first episode, guess everyone owns a gundam variant now lol. If youve seen it, how did you all like it?

• It was pretty good!
  • its a shit show REEEEEEEE!

0 voters

Looks like we are getting some cousin on cousin action in grand blue (nvm I paused the show to say this too soon, the first person he saw was not his cousin, nvm I take this back too, I guess they are both his cousins). Good shit, all that matters is that I can add another waifu to the harem.

Love the faces

This shit’s actually pretty good, honestly though wtf am I watching LMAO

Also love the op song, really sounds like summer. Makes me want to go to seaworld, maybe I’ll go tomorrow now

Diregard @anon11544174, he has never seen a Gundam anime because he thinks every mecha should be Pacific Rim.

3 Likes

Are there any other summer type anime like grand blue? Doesn’t really need to be like it just capture the same vibe

Heat, vacation, ocean, countryside?

Non Non Biyori
Barakamon
Amanchu

Upon entering the shop, he encounters a group of rowdy, naked upperclassmen, who immediately coerce him into participating in their alcoholic activities.

Okay, maybe not.

2 Likes

I mean just like capture the summer vibe like you explained earlier, not be like this anime.

A lot of the anime about school life have some episodes that take place during summer break (heat, beach/pool, cicadas, popsicles, watermelon, etc). But those are just a few episodes, not a whole anime set during summer.

Ano Natsu de Matteru
Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai
Shinryaku! Ika Musume
Summer Wars (movie)
Seto no Hanayome

I’ve only seen the last two. Summer Wars definitely, as it takes place during summer break.
Seto no Hanayome…well, it has the ocean/beach setting.

Yeah I want the full anime to have the summer vibe

Real shit though, the song from Grand blue is awesome. It’s got some great summer vibes.

Makes me want to go blow all my money I saved up on learning how to surf and scuba dive and the equipment for them.

While @anon11544174 wants something summery and fun I want something Spacey and borderline depressing.

Was just listening to a radio show a guy thought about Fermi’s Paradox and was depressed at the thought that there might not be any other intelligent life.

it might technically be hentai, but it’s hentai with plot

1 Like

Craving some more Shelter are we?

dont just softboil, make it authentic
1 Like

I wouldn’t go so far.

Yes but more of the extraterrestrial life angle

You’re right it doesn’t quite go that far. It’s just the first anime that came to mine when I read Skelterz comment.

Interesting. I don’t really know of any anime that take that very serious (assuming that’s what your looking for).

It’s just something I’d like to see, pretty sure nothing like it exists but at the same time stealing from elements of media I’ve seen before.

Too bad I don’t have any talent to make it myself.

2 Likes