Anime Culture Club Meta - Changes and Updates

Sorry. Not sure why I didn’t put you in the frequent posters. I’ll fix that.

Seeing how you’re both saying about the same thing I’ll do a poll on this later in here. I need to let my brain rest, starting this has been very taxing on my mind.

What!? When did this happen?

1 Like

It’s been a common reaction when people talk about dubs. Usually jokingly but with some serious criticism regarding the bad quality of some dubs and the longer waiting time compared to subs (conceived as something negative). The criticism being aimed at the dubs, not the person preferring them over subs.

3 Likes

Middle of the night, they were joking but I know the user and they’re probably not coming back to anime thread

Agreed.

There are a couple series I only watch dubbed, Dragonball and Pokemon, but, there are some dubs that just butcher the show like what Azumanga Daioh did to Osaka… just unacceptable and missing the point.

But I, like many others in the thread, would never be really serious about it.

2 Likes

That’s clear for us (I hope so), but newcomers?

2 Likes

No way. I put “all spoilers” in there for a reason. I watch a lot of older stuff.

2 Likes

Yeah like in the lounge I try to be welcoming if not a little weird to help them feel more comfortable.

1 Like

Darn it, you expect me spoiler tag a 20 year old anime?

I would say it’d have to be like star wars in order to not be affected by spoiler tags. Everyone knows Vader is Luke’s dad.

me too. Some great, old gems out there.

1 Like

Haha. I haven’t watch enough of that old shit yet, lot’s to come for me, and I don’t want them spoiled for me.

1 Like

Spoilers dude!

See how rediculous this gets?

Ugh fine

We can make a poll. Like I said before I’ll change whatever how ever (within reason) even if I don’t like it.

Do the “hide details” boxes count too? Sometimes when images are included the blurryness isn’t really enough and could still give away spoilers.

2 Likes

I’ll make an edit to the rule. Those are fine as long as they are labeled “spoilers”.

1 Like

I like those, a lot easier to avoid clicking lol

1 Like

Not only that but if links are included, clicking on the spoiler to unblurr it automatically opens the link too.

Oh, good point. Those are annoying so I’ll put in a rule saying no links under spoilers.

2 Likes

unless you hold ctrl… but who remembers to do that every time?

3 Likes

Good to know. Thanks!

1 Like