Xbox One Wireless Controller.. DA PHUQ?

why use wireless? I use the xbone controller on my pc with the mUSB cable. less latency that way.

all the things that are excluded are things that no one wants anyway (except maybe bluetooth).

I have seen this at least twice now in this thread. I still have my original sixaxis, before the ds3, from launch day of the ps3 and the battery is still perfect. What the fuck are you people doing to these controllers.

1 Like

things.... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

2 Likes

still. you pay the same and get less.

@Zibob not all DS3 controllers are the same, that includes the batteries. experiences may vary.

Had three of them now, all still kicking. The PS3's though, yes plural, have long since died.

All different periods. Sixaxis, early DS3 and late DS3.

mine barely holds a charge anymore, I think 2h tops. 8 years old (80GB PAL model from 2008).

Original day one 60gb and later a slim (not the super small one the record player one) bought a control in between to have a second one, third came with the other console.

I don't really take care of the batteries in controllers. it's been laying around dead for 2 or more years now. and now I can't find the mini-USB cable -_-

edi: found it. charging now

edit2: @Zibob just charged the PS3 controller for ~2h and it doesn't hold a charge at all anymore.

options: 1) playing with the controller connected to the console
2) buying a new PS3 controller
3) opening the controller, trying to find out which battery it needs and buying one online to replace it with

edit3: got to the battery. it's slightly bloated.... :/
replacement batteries on amazon seem to be shite, according to customer reviews

1 Like

Plus It's only $40 talk about savings

1 Like

I've went from wired Xbox 360, to wireless Xbox 360, to Xbox One S controllers.

I love the Xbox One S controller, but I've personally ran into issues with it not working super great over Bluetooth from time to time. I find myself plugging in my wired 360 controller lately when playing Dirt 3.

Not to mention the Xbox One S is only going to work correctly on Windows 10 (afaik still not working on Linux edit -> over Bluetooth).

Steam supports natively pretty much all controllers now (idk of that's been said yet)

Video on beta ds4 support

Now to get it to run on non steam games, I would think all you would have to do is add them to steam and open them in the client. So gog games would work (idk about other store fronts like origin.... That would be interesting)

I love the Xbox controller, but ya the price to have it work wirelessly on PC is ridiculous! I really enjoy the steam controller but it takes some getting used to and tweaking to get just right.

1 Like

Mostly yes, some games are a pain if they have launchers or other things before the game. Almost all of them can be worked around. GTA V is still a problem due to the war against modders, it does not support rapid switching between mouse/keyboard and controller inputs. This can be fixed and has been but if you use it online you will get banned.

For support on games with problems /r/steamcontroller is great.

www.reddit.com/r/steamcontroller

1 Like

Very true

I like audio visual so egg has been my go to if I need info, then if he hasn't done it or it seems wonky I look at /r/steamcontroller lol

Steam Controller Tutorial Series:

1 Like

Never have replaced a battery in them. I have seen people do it, but no word on the life time of the replacement.

getting a replacement can be a hassle. not all PS3 controllers have the same battery in them. and the ones you can get range from ok-ish to outright not working - if they fit (different physical sizes)

1 Like

My brother finally tried his custom Xbox one s controller and I was ready to setup the Bluetooth only to realize he still have Windows 8.1. I still tried to connect it via Bluetooth, and strangely it works (even if in the Bluetooth manager it's shown as the drivers are still being install) and with a little fiddling around in Dolphin there is no problem.

Well, as it is, i've got my PS3 controller working. Installing GTA 5 atm, and it's a pain... wish i started hours earlier. SHIT SUCKS!

BUT, if it comes to that, i'll probably get a Steam Controller. Seems like the way to go. I only wish Valve would release a revision of it already.

And please, guys. If you can, help me out in my GTA thread. I've got sort of a situation with GTA 5. I feel like doing something for someone, and i hope my idea works.

Didn't read it all but, well ... I'm using the PS4 controller.

Works over bluetooth with basically any bt-adapter, has a good battery, is robust and dual shocks are my preferred layout anyway.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

As far as what good gaming controllers to use on the PC, I currently use my DS3 controller by way of Mayflash adapter and it was the best decision. I hate having to deal w/ any drivers/software compatibility BS and it rid me of that headache. Hell, I went ahead and bought 2. Also, I've been using the XBox 1 controller lately and it's quite a beast... way better than Xbox 360 version in every way.

1 Like