Windows Games on Steam for Linux. [Proton client Testing grounds]

i quickly just hopped into a game and it works no other players though

2 Likes

GTA San Andres works!

1 Like

Shit now I wanna play that. I don’t own it tho.

and that

1 Like

when the new ea bf2 came out there was a sale for thq bf2. san andres is real fun i hope i can mod it later hmmmmm…

1 Like

well damn…

Try SAMP?

You da :bomb: bro!

1 Like

just looked it up ill give it a go and see how it goes if i can get multi working that would be soo fun!

1 Like

@oldgek after doing some reading samp doesn’t work with the steam or gog versions of the game only the og dvd v1.0 and the last update for samp was may first 2015 so that’s on the back burner

Shit. I remember playing that when I was younger. Really fun times. There was other MP project, I don’t remember the name tho.

Multi Theft Auto maybe?

mta looks promising will read into it

Updated my post:

Okay that’s all the stuff I have that is windows only on steam.

eck the formatting is gone rip

The previews were always off

Civ 3 complete -not working

launches to menu can not create game or start a save crashes before either game option selection or on loading the saved map

Warhammer 2: Total war - Starting, but with some annoying gfx glitches.

It will start, but it takes a bit of trial and error as the launcher is just a white screen. But the start button still works even if it’s hidden. The game will start and starting a new campain is possible. On the campain map the sound seemed a bit off and delayed and a few graphical glitches. In battles the unit formation indicators where missing which is really annoying :slight_smile:.

I was getting about 20-25 fps on high setting with this aging system

Spec: Asus Z97-Pro/4970K@4ghz, Asus 980 Strix, 32GB memory.

2 Likes

Feral is making a native port for it…So it will be a non-issue soon enough.

2 Likes

Can you disclose your LLVM version? If it’s LLVM 6, you may need to upgrade to LLVM 7/8 Git. DXVK recommends avoiding LLVM 6 altogether.

1 Like

I don’t even have LLVM installed AFAIK. Idk what the drivers where build with.

Is it

llvm-libs 6.0.1-4? Or actual clang? clang 6.0.1-2?

For titles using DXVK, you can do env DXVK_HUD=1 to see your driver versions.

Edit: Okay, you’re on LLVM 6. Update immediately to the latest LLVM Git cause that’s what DXVK tests.

These are the latest packages available in Arch repos. Don’t feel like doing manual update. I’ll wait for them to update it.

I see there’s llvm-svn 8.0.0svn_r340523-1 and clang-svn 8.0.0svn_r340523-1 in AUR.