Windows Games on Steam for Linux. [Proton client Testing grounds]

That one is unmaintained as per the README :wink:

1 Like

i just remembered something similar but thanks. post removed.

KeyboardVisualizer is trying for Razer peripherals and potentially Aura RGB and RGB RAM too:

1 Like

Ok, did the amd mesa-vulkan install thing in terminal.

tried ā€¦again with and without the +r_renderapi combinations. Same situation. except with +r_renderapi 1 ( thatā€™s a single space between the api and 1) my video cardā€™s fan ramp up medium-gradually as if itā€™s been put under loadā€¦as if the game might launch, but absolutely nothing happens and the fans on my vid card spin right back down after 5 seconds or less.

Againā€¦tried both the original Doom 3.7-3 and the newest as of today 3.7-5 beta.

Also I restarted the pc after doing the amd mesa driver vulkan installation. Iā€™ve read everything on that link you gave and watch that part 1 video again. Iā€™ve covered all of it. Otherwise, still getting the exact same error message. -_- (sigh)

Canā€™t get gtav working on manjaro using amd.
Seem to have the core fonts issue but nothing is working.
I get the login to Rockstar part and then just a blank white box with the roxstar chick on it.

My Windows gog.com downloaded purchased copy of Outlast and Trine 3 work in Stem play. I downloaded the installers for them. Within Steam I clicked to add a non steam game, pointed towards teh installer ( after ensuring the installation.exe file for the game was checked to be executable), then added it as if it was a game. clicked Play,and it began installing the game. then deleted that " game" from steam, then readded the actually game running.exe or .sh file as a game in Steam and it just worked. Of course in all the Trine games, you have to run the game firstā€¦then exit and then a configuration file will let you edit the resolution setting if you have a 1440p or bigger resolution monitor like I do to enable the game to actually run at that rez. Cheers. Unfortunately, Crysis 1 didnā€™t work yet.

reading through the spreadsheet, a lot of people are reporting visuals and performance on par or around on par with windows, some games for me just crash or look almost right. anything else I can do to help?

you can try updating your mesa and llvm to the latest version

Anyone know how to get Divinity 2 working through lutris? I have the GOG version. I installed all the files from GOG but when I try to run it through lutris it doesnā€™t even start and when I try to start it through just normal wine it says that it canā€™t find part 12 which I have. If anyone could help it would be much appeciated.

Hello All

solved my ESO problemā€¦ Following the advice from @Dje4321 these are the commands that worked for me.

PROTON_NO_ESYNC=1 mesa_glthread=true vblank_mode=0 STEAM_COMPAT_DATA_PATH=/home/remi/.proton/ /media/remi/Games/Steam/steamapps/common/Proton\ 3.7\ Beta/proton waitforexitandrun /media/remi/Games/Zenimax\ Online/The\ Elder\ Scrolls\ Online/game/client/eso64.exe

Tested both Bully:scholarship edition and dark souls 2 both ran excellent had a few minor graphics issues with dark souls but it was overall very playable.

Very interesting. Might be an idea if Steam pointed to FeralInteractive/gamemode.

Thank you.

Oh thanks. I never thought of just actually installing it through Steam. Iā€™ll give that a try when iā€™m home later.

Some more games I managed to test.

1. Crysis Wars. - works great apart from Intro Scene & Intro Scene audio (Same problem seen on Crysis 1, Crysis Warhead). Video is available on Youtube of the game working (public), and of the intro scene problem (private, I did the same for Crysis Warhead, and Crysis 1 - do not want to put people off testing).

2. Lichdom: Battle Mage. Launches, looks great. Start game then this.

Screenshot is taken from Video available on Youtube. It is set private. I can make it available if anyone wants it.

1. IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946 run in Direct X mode. Runs and looks great. Video recording is available.

2. MURDERED: SOUL SUSPECT. Runs great. Absolutely beautiful graphics, plays well. This could be an advert for the value of Steam Play. Video very definitely available.

3. Sniper Elite 1. Runs great, Video available.

4. Sniper Elite 2
    &

5. Sniper Elite 3

Both fail with the following error:

1. Abeā€™s Oddysee. It runs. Intro scene video and audio corruption. Game runs fine. Video available on youtube, set to private, again I do not want to put people off testing Steam Play. Let me know if the video is needed. I can make it available. All I would need is someone to set up a dummy gmail address, let me know what it is, then I can set the video available to that person only.

2. Ryse: Son of Rome. Runs, Plays well, some graphical pixellation that can only be described as a ā€˜swarm of fliesā€™. video available and set to public anyhow. The game looks mostly ok based on my testing time. Will likeley need some input from Steam and game devs to sort out the graphics issue though.

As before, all videos can be seen starting here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8GzUQ4vASHCVRk_i3kSruA/featured

Bye.

Weird, warframe using lutris works, using proton not (beta proton or not).
Maybe iā€™m missing something?

would works with corsair voids

It will be setting work around probably, you can check winehq for how well they work and what workarounds are available.

wineqh says the steam version is ā€œgarbageā€, anyway, thereā€™s a clear issue on proton github saying that the problem resides on proton code.
I hope theyā€™ll fix it.

Are you using the GOG version? If yeah you need to download all the .bin parts along side the installer and put them inside the same folder.

Doom(2016) through proton causes a GPU freeze after playing after 30m.
Ubuntu 18.04 with unstable padoka and 4.18.5-041805-generic kernel.
amdgpu.
Might be caused by something in gnome DE, rarely have a freeze after using xfce