Windows Games on Steam for Linux. [Proton client Testing grounds]

i was playing aoeII HD for a few hours without issues, the way to make it work is to rename the original “launcher.exe” to “wuckfindows.exe” and “AoK HD.exe” to “Launcher.exe”

Source of Info : https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=28008

The influx of Proton reports has made SteamDB EOL their Linux page…

2 Likes

After upgrading to the latest kernel and switching to padoka libraries my experience with FFXIV has been great so far except for a certain zone that causes my GPU to fault when the door is open. Nope… no special effects no shining reflecting door… just a simple opaque door in a closed room. Who knows why.

Found out what was crashing heat sig. my nofile limit was too low

Did you update your Graphics Drivers as required in the Steam Plays Beta or are you still running with older version of drivers?

Yeah, the esync recommended file limit is 204800:

Tried STALKER: SoC on Fedora. Works really well.

Endless Legend - Fedora 28, Proton Beta. Requires -useembedded to start a new game but otherwise works nicely

That doesn’t have anything to do with this though. Platforms have different cloud saves, you can try this workaround if you want cross platform cloud saves https://steamcommunity.com/app/8930/discussions/0/540744299880721942/ but should make a new topic to discuss further if needed.

1 Like

Downloading DBFZ and monster hunter on the linux box right now.

Don’t know if anyone has tried this game yet, but I got Dirt 3 Complete Edition to work out of the box, with ps4 controller working. Just reset myself to using proton beta.

Did not work on previous proton version that came with steam play.

There seems to be no problems, just tested it for over an hour, stable as hell. I am running Ubuntu 18.04, on a phenom II X6 and xfx RX 470 GPU.

1 Like

im running the opensource 4.17 kernel drivers. I’m using a ati card.

Question about problem installing latest MESA drivers moved to the small linux problem thread.

Could you post this in technical help section rather than the proton games thread.
Before long it would get cluttered with lengthy explanations and posts.

thanks.

@colesdav moved to The small linux problem thread

1 Like

Thanks.
Sorry.

1 Like

I have moved it to The small linux problem thread
Thanks.

Quake Champions. Fedora 28, Mesa 18.2.0-rc4 drivers.
New drivers fix texture flashing.
Two options set on steam plus Proton 3.7.3.
Get through the intro screen.
From there on in, game is slow to respond to user input.
Managed to start a game.
Again, gameplay too slow.
Crashed.
Try with Proton 3.7.4. Beta tested.
User interface faster. Joined a match. Crashed.
More work needs to be done on Quake Champions to get it to run without crashing.
Test videos here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8GzUQ4vASHCVRk_i3kSruA/videos

Bye.

Wolfenstein: The New Order runs great.

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus runs with the new mesa drivers.
However.
Some more work needs to be done.
CPU and GPU threads are maxed out even on low quality video settings.
The FPS, even on Low settings with FXAA is only ~ 10 FPS.
Pity.
Visuals look great.
Perhaps Bethesda may help.
Bye.

GTAV does work with a couple work arounds, I’ve been playing online with friends, it’s not 100% though, it starts chugging after a few hours.