Windows BSOD Issue

Here is speccy snapshot of my PC:

My new PC build has been running great for a little over a month now until this morning while using OneNote my PC crashed with a BSOD. I downloaded WinDbg and analyzed the dump file and after some google searches it looked like it was an Nvidia issue. I did a clean installation of a new driver. Another google search suggested enabling Driver Verifier. Once I enabled Verifier the PC would boot and immediately crash. I googled those dump debugs and people were saying it had something to do with my mouse and keyboard. I’ve had no issues with my mouse and keyboard across multiple PC’s but completely uninstalled and reinstalled the Logitech Drivers.

Here are the steps I have taken thus far.

• Flashed BIOS to latest version.
  • Updated Chipset to latest version.
  • Clean uninstall of Nvidia drivers and reinstalled.
  • Clean uninstall of Logitech mouse and keyboard drivers and reinstalled.

Here is the Dropbox Link to my zipped Dump Files:
Dump Archive

I would greatly appreciate if you guys could take a look the dump files and offer some advice and help.

@Novasty
@Dynamic_Gravity
@Commissar
@PhaseLockedLoop
@Peanut253

Your archive file you gave us is empty.

Apologies. I updated the link. Try it now.

On Speccy, what are your peripherals?

Here is the speccy txt file.
Peripherals.txt (5.5 KB)

Have you tried uninstalling onenote to see if the issue persist?

can you uninstall any Razer software you have?
Also update the Logitech software if you can.

So the reasons why I got to those ideas is because the 2/3 BSODs says HIDCLASS.SYS for the probable cause.
It is likely any human input device you have connected to your PC, like your keyboard or mouse. The 3rd BSOD says memory corruption, which maybe fixed via BIOS update.

The Razer guess is just a wild guess since I’m prejudiced against their software.

That was the first thing I did when I google searched the BSOD error. I uninstalled logitech software and reinstalled. I haven’t had any issues using Razer Synapse but all I was using it for was Razer Surround which i dont need anymore so I uninstalled that as well.

I thought about doing that however I need it for College. OneNote on Windows 10 installs both the Desktop and Windows app; i always use the desktop app because the Windows Store app has missing features. I could also uninstall OneNote and switch to Evernote. I’m kind of thinking that me using OneNote is just a coincidence though.

another suggestion that is far out there with no real good explanation is to swap the keyboard and mouse ports around.

It’s also worth mentioning that the HID BSOD errors only happened when I had Verifier enabled. I turned it off and those HID BSOD errors havent occured in a few hours since I turned off Verifier.

For the 3rd one, I would attempt a BIOS update.

Other than that, there isn’t much options to go on except wait for NVidia to update their shit.

Yeah I just updated my board to the latest bios update. I also run Windows Memory Diagnostic and it completed with no errors or issues. I appreciate all the help. I guess I’ll just going on using my PC like normal and just see if it pops again.

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for win32k.sys
Probably caused by : memory_corruption
[...]
PROCESS_NAME:  System
BugCheck 1A, {41793, fffff88000116460, 5, 4}
[...]
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID:  CODE_CORRUPTION
PROCESS_NAME:  NVDisplay.Cont
CURRENT_IRQL:  2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for win32k.sys
Followup: memory_corruption
[...]
CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT:  1
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID:  CODE_CORRUPTION
PROCESS_NAME:  System
CURRENT_IRQL:  0

So you are having memory corruption issues. Whatever is in memory at the time, just gets corrupted. They are not specific to your video card or any other peripheral.

Here is what I would do in the following order:

1. Make sure the RAM is running in-spec at XMP timings or slower. (no overclocking)
  2. Raise SoC voltage to 1.1v
  3. Run memtest overnight
  4. Run a different memory test
  5. Check for the Ryzen CPU concurrency bug

If #3 fails, then it is bad RAM. If it doesn’t, try a different memory test. If that different test fails, then it is back to bad RAM. If that does not fail, then try using your computer again and seeing if it crashes. If it does not, then it was probably your motherboard undervolting the SoC or RAM that does not handle OC’ing well. If it crashes again then check for the Ryzen concurrency bug (#5). #5 cannot be checked without doing 1-4 first btw.

My PC is only a month old and back when I first got it I ran Memtest, Prime95, and Windows Memory Diagnostic. My ram only supports up to 3000 and so I had the XMP profile set to 2933 and those tests ran with no issues. Since my PC crashed yesterday morning I’ve had the memory set at stock. Up and till now I have had no issues, but you think I should run those tests again at stock?

Just a note on behavior of memory clocks in my experience.

If I run my memory at its rated 3733mhz its crashfest 2018. As I back the speed off it crashes less. At 3600 the system is stable.

I uped the Soc to 1.1. and then back the XMP profile down to 2800. I need to use my PC for college work so tonight I’ll run Memtest and report back how the test went.

So I just finished running Memtest on my ram sticks individually overnight came back with no errors after 6 passes on each stick. So with the Bios update I did, upping the SOC to 1.1 and backing my memory XMP down to 2800 we shall see if those changes solve my issue.

1 Like

I haven’t had a crash or bsod since the first couple about a half a month ago. So it seems one or all of changes I made fixed my issue. Thanks for all the help!

Since it seems to be resolved, I’ll close this thread now.

If it needs to be reopened, feel free to PM me.