Windows BSOD Issue

Reopened due to PM about the issue returning.

Whelp it seems my BSODā€™s came back again. I was trying to put a copy of the dump file on dropbox however my dump file is missing for some reason. I know it doesnā€™t help without seeing the actual dump file, but it was a Memory_Corruption Error. I did all the above steps again; tested the memory again individually, clean updated chipset drivers, gpu drivers, updated bios again.

The latest BSOD did do something new; in the middle of watching netflix both monitors displayed checkerboard patterns before going to black with a loud buzzing sound in the audio. The PC must have been generating an error report because after I cold booted event viewer had an error saying error couldnā€™t create file becasue PC was restarted. Shortly after I rebooted the PC BSODā€™d again this time though it was the memory_corruption error without the GPU checkerboard thing.

I checked my GPU thermals underload and the GPU thermals are totally fine so im guessing the checkerboard crash could have been a driver thing, but maybe the GPU is going. I donā€™t know, I have fired up a few games before I reinstalled the drivers and after I reinstalled the drivers and I donā€™t see any artifacts so Iā€™m kind of thinking the BSOD is some other related thing.

It was a memory_corruption error caused by ntoskrnl.exe initiated by steam.exe. I have uninstalled steam and reinstalled. Iā€™m guessing it has nothing to do with steam but some other related software or hardware thing.

I reached out to Corsair support and since the latest dump file was missing i gave them the one I had used in this thread. They just had me RMA the sticks; Iā€™m assuming thats just their default response without looking into the error files.

Next time my PC crashes Iā€™ll make sure to copy the dump file to another location so it doesnā€™t get overwritten or removed.