WikiLeaks CIA "Dark Matter"

Considers Apple devices prepare your hype-holes. Periscope was working horribly and most uploads are that, but I managed to find one solid video from YouTube which is also the reason for why I bother.
https://wikileaks.org/vault7/darkmatter/

1 Like

I'm interested to see how Apple is scrambling the jets on the inside right now and how they will respond.

2 Likes

Me too. Should be interesting.

Looks like they'll be doing extreme security lockdowns. That'll be nice.

I don't think Cook is even 1/10th as skilled as Jobs was in weaving the reality distortion field.

The thing is... I don't think Mac users will care, and those who do, have been leaving the platform over the last year or so of their own volition.

Frankly, this is probably going to be a godsend for Apple. Less reason to care about Mac, and that allows them to focus on the iDevices where there was never any presumption of user control or privacy.

3 Likes

The reason why there is arrest order for Assange is because USA gov wants him dead really badly. UK is America's lap dog and will do whatever they tell them to do to the point UK will ignore any international laws. I feel very bad for that guy.

Yesterday, Apple said that the exploits are outdated. No idea how true that is though.

Random addition, we'll see I guess? :D

I've been working at Intel for the last 15 years as an electrical engineer. 3 years ago I bored with my job and wanted to move to a different department. Intel is pretty good about letting employees move around within the company. An opening came up on the Management Engine team, and since I have experience with micro-controllers I figured I'd give it a shot. The interview went great and they wanted me on board, but the final step was to get a security clearance.

I asked them WTF I need a security clearance for, and they said they couldn't tell me until I was on the team. Thus began a 3 year trip down the fucking rabbit hole.

I'm coming forward today because of the news that Trump was spied on. I know exactly how it was done because I spent the last three years adding backdoors into the ME. For those of you that are unaware, the ME is on a separate CPU and cannot be disabled, and it exists at a level below the operating system. Intel has been working with the intelligence community for years to get backdoors into physical hardware so they don't have to worry about finding OS exploits. If the hardware itself is compromised then the whole machine is compromised.

-

The ME has full access to memory without the parent CPU having any knowledge, it has full access to the TCP/IP stack, and full access to every peripheral connected to the computer. It also runs when the computer is hibernating. It doesn't matter if you're using Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, Whonix, Tails, Qubes OS, or Subgraph. If you have an i3, i5, or i7 then you're completely owned by the intelligence community.

We added similar functionality to Samsung's WEEPING ANGEL, except the intelligence community calls our project ODIN'S EYE. Through the ME we can activate the mic and webcam even though the computer appears to be off or sleeping.

Evidence of surveillance on Trump, his family, and key people in his campaign will come out eventually. I know the surveillance happened for a fact. Future leaks are coming, watch for ODIN'S EYE.

1 Like

Two questions.

1. Is that link safe to open? Well it's too late to ask but i still want to know because i opened it inside a Tor browser
    and right after I have seen small window pop up that usually shows file being moved or copied somewhere. It was gone after a fraction of second. So I'm genuinely scared now.

2. Can Intel ME access and read encrypted data as well?

Well ...

From Hackaday's article on how to disable ME on Sandy and Ivy.

If "access to the cryptography engine" means what I think it means, I'd get very worried indeed. Worried enough to consider having my old PC's ME disabled. Too bad I'm not much of a tinkerer myself.

1 Like

I didn't honestly even notice that 4chan is just http because I don't visit that place at all, replaced with archive version which is https.

I'm guessing this is what you mean by link being safe to open?

I have sandy-bridge so I could potentially disable it, but the guide on how to do it looks too advanced for me.

No I meant iit in general. I hope it didn't inject some exploit into my pc.

Same here. My Atom-powered netbook is quite secure due to not having the ME, a webcam or a microphone, but it's lacking power. I'd love to disable the ME on my Sandy PC but unfortunately I'm nowhere near good enough to do that myself.
I'm probably going to look for someone who can disable it for me, don't mind spending some money on that kind of peace of mind.

Site is perfectly safe just a lot of 4chan posts that get deleted over time. Been using it for years 4chan itself is safe too as long as you don't click links people post.

If it was encrypted on the same machine, it could be compromised, as @anon37371794 noted.

An interesting prospect would be to use an older offline machine for data encryption and your regular setup for communication and transfer of that data, but that's really going too far. Unless you're Trump or something...

Implying our supreme leader uses filthy globalist scum Intel computers

How dare you

1 Like

He uses them literally everywhere. But he's got nothing to worry about, any president that feels safe in Air Force One is a part of the system.

implying :)

so is this thread about intel processors, or the mac os? haha

On the intel processors, I'd just like to note that just it's a loooong logical jump from "I help put back doors in generic hardware" to "I know Trump was spied on by Obama." ... just saying, that's not how logic works.

This random chain from that 4chan thread made me laugh so hard.. :D

"buy AMD"
"wtf does this mean?"
"It means there is a plenitude of Indians working for AMD that perform the same task as what a fewer number of Israelis can do."

True or not this would be the right time to do it, just have to wait and see. :D

Well off the cuff. Apple dont give a shit about workstations anymore.

But in tech sure there is a uefi attack vector and open source cant help because it is closed source.

We do need to have an open source PC platform to build a castle that detects the CIA or other fuckers.