Wiki Meta Talk

Create a thread under the wiki section of the forum.

You can do it bro. I believe in you.

edit: I got it.

1 Like

I hid/deleted the closed notification in case your wondering.
Should be editable even closed.

1 Like

I forgot what the edit button looked like. :stuck_out_tongue:

And thank you!

Instead of having the wiki like it is, would it be possible, to do something like:

• Make .PDF of what it is you want to share

• Take screen shot of .PDF
    *Upload to wiki thread ( this is what viewers view )

• Upload the original .PDF file, underneath the photo
    *This is what contributors use to edit.

With allowing something like this,we can get more creativity in the design and implementation of the wikis.

Hi… i am mostly a noob but i would like to assist with writing how-tos etc. sometimes someone who is learning themselves can write okay (or better) intro material if someone who knows what they are doing checks it :smiley:

In any case I was wondering how I would go about contributing i see some activity but don’t want to make a mess… i would like to add value not just noise :slight_smile:

i would be happy to put in a few hours a week in any way that might help. (and i hope this is the right place to ask)

This topic isn’t specifically time sensitive. You can contribute by just picking something to write about and do it. Any and all contributions are welcome.

3 Likes

Thanks… I am just a little nervous as I would probably just be looking to give content that people could add as they see fit- but i am worried it would just be a pain!

I don’t know if its best to send it to them to copy and paste in or just reply with suggested chunks of content… i guess i am worried that the guides as they are while not the easiest to expend on are generally clear and good. i will see if i can come up with something sensible to add and then take it from there i guess.

One thing you can do is make a wiki-style post. That way, it can be living document that people can contribute to if you so wish.

@wendell About Navidrome (or Jellyfin) in TrueNAS Scale:

You made a guide in this Thread about how to manually deploy a Navidrome Docker through the CLI as it wasn’t working for you in the GUI at the time.

I elaborated a bit in this comment on how to deploy the Container through the GUI, which should be more user-friendly and less prone to breakage.

Simular to my ongoing Wiki Series on TrueNAS Scale (part 1 and part 2) I want to create step-by-step instructions on how to deploy Navidrome (and Jellyfin) Dockers through the GUI.

Would you prefer if I edited your Wiki about Navidrome and split it into two halfs for both methods or create a second wiki on Navidrome? In the latter case I would kindly ask you to mention in your Wiki that it does work via the GUI, contrary to what the Wiki states for now.

Probably both methods? I setup your way with charts however it did not map the data directory or preserve it across container updates. Is that to be expected or did I miss something? I was able to manually edit the chart and add the paths for music and data but if I hadn’t known I need to do that it would have trashed my setup when I upgrade?

1 Like

Just to clarify, when your talking about “my way” are you talking about setting up a Contianer Chart via the “Launch Docker Image” Dialogue or TrueCharts Apps?

I’ve been experimenting with both, TrueCharts pre-configuring a lot of things makes it a lot easier, but you’re right that it’s not great to be relying on another project.

When using the “Launch Docker Image” Dialogue I configured the storage like this:

It persists through Version Changes / Restarts / Power Outages, I use this in “Home Production”.

When using the TrueCharts App, Storage was automatically set up with a persistent Volume which I tested to be accomplishing the same thing:

So both methods work:

• Deploying Navidrome through the “Launch Docker” GUI, giving me more Custom Options for Kubernetes and Docker
  • Deploying the TrueCharts App, that pre-configures basically everything and gives some more hints, but unfortunately relies on another project

If counting your method through the CLI, we have three now, let me know if it’s okay that I add these two to your wiki, maybe splitting it in three Collapsed Sections, one for each method and some explanation above who should use which?