Why I hate windows

You could more fix things if you were on the normal upgrade schedule and fixed small problems as they came up instead of dealing with all of them at once when you do a mass update with months worth of patches and changes.

And I mean fuck me for suggesting this right, but don't you do the same kind of small fixes and changes when you install patches to Linux? I mean fuck you said your an Arch user, I'm sure every Arch update ever hasn't gone smoothly...

Also, why the big emphasis on "oh MA PRIVACY," when you said you just use windows for games?

Realistically the ONLY way to have full security/privacy is to have an air-gapped computer.

Having said that - Microsoft be like

1 Like

The aim of my windows: Play vidya
I do not care about any features Anniversary may offer, I was fine with what I had. Now instead of playing vidya, I had to fix issues caused by Anniversary (literally the only update I wasn't installing)

All except one

There's still privacy concerns. Especially considering I am unsure if the locked down settings would remain.

While I mainly vidya, there's other services I use on windows since I duel boot.

Linux, Window and BSD user chiming it.

What exactly is the the point of this thread?

Seems like a big circle jerk to me.

The bash update is way overdue for windows. Not having to use cigwin or putty is pretty handy.

Look if you don't like Windows, don't use it. You have other options. Complaining about something you can change is silly.

1 Like

Point of thread is to vent, start a flame war, and something to do

I can play Doom 2016 on Linux? (Sarcasm)
I do understand your point though

This isn't the first time this has happened. Last time it did the auto-update on a VM with GPU passthrough and broke the VM.

Say again?

Also videos games aren't really that important.

They are a novelty nothing more.

1 Like

Oh sweet they did add it.

Although gaming is a large portion of what I do in my free time. Especially VR, which is why I still use windows.

I hate it, but alas I must use it if I wish to play games.

Games are not a need bro.

Fixed my original statement to be more reflective of what I originally intended

Then again there is windows 7 or live with a cut down library with a non MS OS.

I want my cake and eat it too. Not going to happen, though.

Windows 7 was originally planned
It did not like the GPT partition table

Say again?

The installation medium I had available could not boot in UEFI and hence windows 7 could not be installed on a disk with a GPT partition table.

At the time I did not have the time nor effort to fix this issue, so I used windows 10

I'm planning on downgrading, when I get a chance

What installation medium? If it was USB, rufus or manually creating with fat32 should of let you do that no problem. Also why is GPT such a requirement? Legacy would of been more than enough.

It was a USB, but I needed it to be booted into UEFI
A 3tb hdd is why I needed GPT

Can we setup a TeamViewer session where I connect to your PC and go through all your files? I'm not going to do anything I just want to see what you have in there. Make sure you also have browser open with all your online accounts logged in. For ex. Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Youtube, Gmail, Reddit, Level1techs, The Pirate Bay, Dating sites, Online Banking, 4chan .....ETC ETC. Also do me a favour and open up your CV, so I can see Who you are Where you live What type of jobs you apply for.

You up for the task? after all you have NOTHING TO HIDE right?

3 Likes

Windows 10 is bullshit when it comes to the updates and automatic shit.

I completely disable anything that I can as soon as I start a new system. I have had too many issues with 100% disk and cpu usage. I wish they would remove all that junk.

Politics was banned, so the otherwise mildly annoying ratfight that was Windows vs Linux has become just another arena for hyper-partisan bollocks as people focus their antagonisic juices elsewhere. it was always fairly petty, but people need that confirmation bias.

1 Like

You forgot to let him install surveillance cameras in the bedroom, bathroom etc.

1 Like

In group vs out group mentality is strong here.

2 Likes