Who plays guitar?

I play bass, nothing fancy or amazing playing wise, I am not in a band so the drive to play is a little lacking but there is always a cheap bass lying on the bed beside me when I am gaming and if I hear something cool I will stop and go play it.

I have also built my own bass for warmoth parts and I love it. I use it for when I really want to play. Flame maple neck, Pau Ferro fingerboard, stainless steel frets, garph teck TUSQ nut cream, schaller tuners, bolt on to a natural finish swamp ash body, white pick guard, Gotoh bridge and Bare Knuckle hand wound passive jazz pickups wired up to 280k pots. I love the thing and it sounds great, only recently got it back, a friend was using it for recording.

I play a little of everything. Some metal, plenty of rock, funk, soul, hip hop and various other things that catch my interest. But I am by no means exclent. I can get to a good state very quickly if I am playing with people but by myself I am just a bit lazy.

• What guitar is it?  - ESP KH202   with EMG's
  • What amp do you use?    -  75w Line6 Spider3
  • What do you know?    - enough to get me by
  • What genres do you play?   - 80's rock, thrash, blues
  • How long have you been playing?   - on and off for about 10 years
  • How many guitars do you have?  - just 2 now    :-(
  • Electric or acoustic?  1 of each - acoustic is anniversary ed. Washburn. 
  • Are you in a band?    - no

I have three guitars: Gibson SG, Fender Strat (made in Mexico, not America) and a Jackson Kelly JS32T. I have two amps, a Roland Mini Cube (20v) and a Marshall Half Stack, that thing's a beast, currently looking for a cheap second hand cab to make a full stack. I can play some really fast tempos, sweep picking isn't that great (I only started) and hammer-ons/pull offs etc. I can do no problem. I play mostly Heavy Rock, bit of Metal and a bit of blues.

Early 80s japanese made Aria Pro II with EMG 85/81.

Washburn J-9 Washington hollow body

Simon & Patrick hand built canadian made acoustic

Aria japanese made classical from the 60s.

I am playing guitar for just over 5 years. I am heavily influenced by Slash, Zakk Wylde and Eddie Van Halen.

My main guitar is a Gibson SG Standard FB, I also have an Ibanez Prestige for drop C tuning.

I am playing through a Marshall JCM 900 4010 Head, built 1992 with the Marshall 1960A Lead Series 4x12 cabinet. With this amp you can play anyting from the BBKing to Slipknot (If you add a tube screamer).

I am still focusing on "copying" Zakk Wylde's style of playing. So it is mainly super fast shredding.